Chapter Twenty Six

Amara pov

"Please take my child from her" He says to his mom.

His mom looks at him, stunned. Everybody's confused.

"Why isn't anyone taking my son!" he yells.

I start crying. I walk closer to his bed and touch his face gently. He moves away.

"Y-you don't r-remember me?" I say in between sobs.

He looks at confused. He looks over to Marco and frowns.

"Why is he so comfortable with her?" he asks. He looks at his parents.

"I'm his mother!" I yell.

My mom starts laughing and soon my dad and Salvatore also join in. Emilia and I look at them before looking at Stefano, who has a huge grin on his face.

"Hey pinkey" he says softly.

I wipe my tears but more show up anyways.

"You're joking? How can you joke about something like that! You almost gave the poor girl a heart attack" Emilia yells.

"I would never forget the love of my life" he says, staring into my eyes.

I glare at him but smile within.

"Okay, let's give the kids some privacy now. Stefano? We'll come by tomorrow." Salvatore says.

Emilia gently hugs Stefano and kisses his cheek. My parents greet Stefano before they hug me.

Soon they're all gone. Leaving Marco and I in the room. Stefano looks at me with a big smile but it soon fades.

"Why are there bags under your eyes? And did you lose weight?" he asks.

"That's not important right now! Why would you do that to me. I-I thought you forgot me" I say, the tears streaming down my face.

"Oh Amore, I'm so sorry. It was just a joke, angel" he says with a guilty look on his face.

He pats the bed and I move to sit down next to him. Marco stirs in my arms before a yawn escapes his mouth and he pulls away from my neck, rubbing his eyes.

"Look who's here baby" I say softly.

He opens his eyes and looks around the room before his eyes settle on his dad. Marco immediately launches himself on his father,making a groan come from Stefano.

"Papà! I miss chu!" he exclaims happily.

"Careful jellybean, papà has a boo boo" I say.

Stefano holds Marco with the little strength he has and kisses his cheek.

"Hey little man, I hope you haven't given your mother any trouble" Stefano says.

"Mamma leave Mawco" He says softly.

Stefano looks at me and I mouth, 'later'. He smiles and holds his son against his chest before pulling me down on his shoulder. He kisses my head and sighs.

"I love you guys so so so much" he says.

"We love you too" I mutter.

Stefano pulls me away and looks at my face, staring straight into my eyes.

"You love me?" he says quietly.

"I love you Stefano, I've loved you for a while now. I love you sooo much" I say.

He smiles widely and pulls my face to his as he kisses my lips softly. Marco slaps his face and Stefano pulls away to look at him.

"My Mamma!" he complains.