29 / turbulence

«I can't be that high, dude

«I can't be that high, dude..." Hyunjin said, more to himself than to Minho and Jisung. He averted his eyes for a second, staring into nothing before shaking his head and pointing at the his two best friends that he had just caught making out.

«Nah...That was real. What the fuck, man?» He furrowed his eyebrows, not daring to step closer, confused to the core about what he had just seen.
Jisung on the other hand felt like dying. His heartbeat as well as his breath picked up pace and he felt his face go pale, tears brimming in the corners of his eyes. The thing he had been most afraid of had happened and he didn't know what to do. He didn't even turn to look at Minho for comfort or consolation, he just kept staring right a Hyunjin, frozen on the spot.
Minho opened his mouth, as if wanting to say something, but nothing came out. He was just as clueless as to what to say as Jisung, even though he remained a little more calm.
What did you tell one of your best friends who had never even had the split of a thought about you being gay and who had found out in the worst way possible?

«I'm so- I...what? Are you guys...? I'm disturbed? And flustered? What the heck, why..?» Hyunjin seemed to have a hard time forming a proper sentence, obviously shocked and not understanding a thing. Right in that moment, Seungmin entered the kitchen as well, stopping next to Hyunjin and looking back and forth between the couple and Hyunjin.
«Whats... happening here?» He asked, his voice laced with confusion.
Hyunjin promptly turned to face Seungmin with an expression of agitation.
«Those two were making fu- out!» He explained hurriedly, expecting some sort of shocked or surprised reaction from the younger. However, Seungmin's shoulders only dropped and he turned back to Jisung, an expression of pity washing over his face.
«Oh.» was everything he said, making Hyunjin go even wilder.

«Oh? What ‹oh›? Don't tell me you knew?!» The black-haired boy's eyes were wide and he was clearly in rage. Jisung couldn't tell if it was over the fact that him and Minho were gay, or like each other or if it was just because he'd discovered that Seungmin had known all along.

Then, for the first time in a few long minutes, Minho spoke up, gaining back Jisung's attention.
«I'm bisexual.» He heaved a sigh, taking a step forward.

Jisung raised his eyebrows at that, opening his mouth to say something, yet decided not to. He had never really thought about Minho being bisexual. Him liking Jisung had made him think that he was gay like it was the only possible explanation. So something about Minho stating that he wasn't gay but bisexual sent a little sting through Jisung's chest. He didn't exactly know why. Maybe it was because that meant that the older was capable of liking girls as well which expanded the amount or rivalry Jisung could have. It had been foolish of him to believe Minho was gay in the first place. It was obvious that Minho could like girls as well, seeing he had dated some in the past.
The boy bit his bottom lip, attempting to get rid of those thoughts.
Minho liked him and Minho was dating him. His sexuality didn't matter. Hell, he could be straight but if he liked Jisung, that was the only thing that mattered.

Hyunjin mouthed an ‹okay›, his eyes shifting to Jisung as if he expected the younger to say something as well, but he didn't. He just stood there. Unable to move or to say anything at all.

«And we're dating.» If Jisung hadn't frozen in place, he probably would've clasped his hands over his mouth maybe even collapsed. Was he supposed to be mad that Minho had just told Hyunjin without consulting with Jisung first? Maybe he even was, but more than than he felt weirdly free. Especially when Minho turned around and grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers. Jisung felt comforted and he slowly regained his ability to move and talk. He nodded in confirmation.

«This is so weird? Don't get me wrong, I'm not... homophobic. It's just... you're both my friends and- and I thought you two were friends and- you have to admit, it's not really common to, you know, two boys...» Hyunjin had calmed down and seemed rather lost, his mind spinning as he lowered his eyes in embarrassment. Jisung could tell that he actually was just a little taken aback and not homophobic or anything like that. Maybe Hyunjin even had the right to. It definitely wasn't common to encounter a gay couple, not in South Korea.

«Please don't tell anyone.»

Everyone turned their heads to Jisung who had spoken up in a while. His voice was quiet and he sounded unsure, so Minho gently squeezed his hand reassuringly.
Hyunjin shook his head.
«Yeah, no, sure. I won't...» He replied, his voice also a little quieter, a hint of pity in his eyes now as well.

There was a short silence during which Jisung's eyes eventually met Minho's and the latter immediately managed to read the younger's expression.
«I think we should go home.» He spoke, relieving the tension in the room a little. Hyunjin and Seungmin only nodded, not wanting to trouble the two of them any further, and watched as Minho and Jisung left the kitchen, their hands still intertwined.

When they were out of sight, Hyunjin turned to Seungmin.
«So you knew?» He sounded a little disappointed to which Seungmin sighed and nodded. Hyunjin hummed, looking to where Minho and Jisung had just left.
«I wish at least Minho would've told me.»
Seungmin patted his shoulder, getting where the older was coming from.
«You gotta look at it from their point of view too, though.» He tried comforting Hyunjin who gave a little smile in response.
«Yeah, but walking in on two if my best friends kissing isn't quite something I've ever imagined doing.» The black-haired boy shook his head and before Seungmin could respond, he continued.
«That definitely made me sober up.» A laugh escaped his lips as he lightly slapped Seungmin's back.
«Let's go back to the others.»

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

i wanted to make
this chapter longer
but i got covid and
i didn't wanna not
update :(

i hope you guys are good
(or at least better than me)
see ya when i'm healthy again
<3