9 / icy

Jisung's good mood was blown away within seconds as soon as he saw Hyebin standing by Minho's table, smiling at him while talking and receiving the same gentle smile from the blond

«Hey, Jisung, you're not eating anything?»
The brunet snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Felix's voice next to him. His eyes shifted to the menu card in front of him on the table and he slowly shook his head.
«No, not hungry.»
«Come on, you're always hungry.» Hyunjin laughed from opposite him, making Jisung only shoot him a glare.
«I'm not hungry.» The boy repeated slower and clearer so his friends would understand it the second time. Hyunjin raised his eyebrows and hands in defense before giving his attention to the menu card again.

«What's gotten you so mad and unhungry, my boy?» Felix put away his menu card and put his head on his hand, looking at Jisung expectantly, and the latter couldn't tell if his best friend was asking in serious concern or just sarcastically. Either ways, Jisung couldn't answer - or tell him the truth, so he shook his head and sighed.
«I'm just tired and... not feeling really well. You know, I hadn't been feeling well this morning and all...» The brunet lied, putting his head on his arms which were folded on the table.
He wanted to look over to Minho's table but at the same time he didn't want to get disappointed again at seeing Hyebin standing there, flirting with his crush.

Hyebin was like Tzuyu - at least from Jisung's perspective. He didn't like either of them because they were hanging around Minho too much for his liking. But other than Tzuyu, Hyebin didn't have a boyfriend which was the one reason Jisung disliked her a tad more than Tzuyu. As for Tzuyu, he didn't have to worry about her getting together with Minho too much. But Hyebin, Jisung always had to be scared that she liked Minho and that Minho liked her back, considering his smile towards her earlier.

And on top of all, what Jisung hated even more than the fact that Minho might like Hyebin, was that Jisung used to have a crush on Hyebin before he figured out he liked boys, and he had to admit he still thought she was really pretty. And that just added to his confusion because he knew for a fact that he had a huge crush on Minho, but nevertheless he kind of felt attracted to Hyebin. Not in the way he felt attracted to Minho of course - he didn't want to hold her or look at her or attend every party she went to - but he found her pretty and, even though he didn't like to admit it, she had a very nice personality, got good grades and could get along with anyone well.

No wonder Jisung had had a crush on her. Or had thought that.

«Hold on for a bit, when we're back at the hostel we'll meet up in Chan's room and drink.» Felix whispered the last part, too afraid that one of their teachers might be near and overhear their conversation, or some other student that thought alcohol was bad and would sneak on them and tell the teachers.

Jisung really wanted to be more hyped about that but he hadn't forgotten Minho's words from earlier in the bus.

«Oh! Yes, let's invite some of them. I'll
ask Tzuyu.»

Not that Jisung considered Tzuyu that much of a problem, next to Hyebin she was almost a non-existing problem to him, but if Tzuyu was going to join them, then Hyebin would be there for sure as well.

Just then another thought appeared in Jisung's mind. Minho wanted to invite some girls over which increased the chances of him not being gay - or at least bisexual. Another wave of disappointment and sadness hit him and he didn't even want to go drink with the others anymore.

«This is so stupid.» The brunet mumbled, not expecting his friends to hear him - which they in fact didn't as they were currently telling the waiter what they wanted to order. Only Seungmin partly overheard Jisung's mumbling but decided not to question it any further.

The next one and a half hour passed by quickly - at least Jisung perceived it like that. They were sitting in the bus again in no time, this time heading for their hostel.

Jisung had put his head onto Seungmin's shoulder, eyes closed in an attempt to sleep for at least a bit. Seungmin, who usually would have shrugged anyone's head off his shoulder brutally, let his best friend sleep this time and tried to breath as flatly as possible to not disturb the boy next to him.

«Is he sleeping?» Jisung, who was in some kind of light sleep, heard a familiar voice ask.
«I think so.» Seungmin's shoulder slightly vibrated against Jisung's head as he replied.
«Oh.»

A short silence followed before the same familiar voice spoke up again.
«Is he going to join us later?»
Jisung wanted to lift his head and reply but he couldn't tell if he was even sleeping and dreaming or not, so he just kept listening to the two boys converse. He'd worry about that another time.

«I don't know. He was feeling really sick this morning and he seemed quite tired earlier in the restaurant as well, and now...»
Another silence followed and Jisung thought that both of the talking boys were now looking at him before the one that wasn't Seungmin cleared his throat and spoke again.
«Tell him to get well soon after he wakes up if he's not going to join us.»

«Sure.»

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

i love y'all thanks
for almost 500 reads 🥺