Chapter 11

"You've got to be kidding me." Cale said as he looked at small hole is he supposed to crawl into to get the Vitality of the Heart. He pinched the bridge of his nose in agony. The injury the black haired punk gave him isn't fully healed yet.

- Don't be so sad, you just have to crawl.
- ABBY IS RIGHT, I HAD EXPERIENCED WORSE!

Cale is a noble. And nobles don't crawl in dirty holes. He sighed in defeat and dived on the dirty entrance while the black dragon followed him behind. He had never worn an outfit for more than a day, and now he's still wearing the same clothes for more than a week.

'I should have brought clothes for me earlier too. No, I don't have time for that.' As much as Cale wanted to, he have a more important business than that.

"Hey, cast light magic."

Cale crawled until he saw a faint light coming at the end of the tunnel. He crawled faster and as Cale reached the end of the tunnel and stood up, he felt the strong wind slap his face.

"Gahhh..." Cale gasped at how strong the wind is. This truly exceed his expectations. The wind was so strong that it felt like the walls around the cave could collapse at any moment. He looked at the center the cave where he was sure a stronger wind surrounding it, the compile of rocks set.

- You're supposed to destroy that to get the Ancient Power.

"Human what is this place?"

Cale ignored the curious dragon and stepped forward.

"HUMAN YOU'LL GET-" the dragon tilted it's head in one side. Silver light and faint wide wings was surrounding Cale as he walked forward to the compiled stones ahead of him.

The strong wind didn't reached Cale as Glutton is protecting him. 

- The strength of the wind fluctuated every 3 hours and right now is the weakest. Get the Ancient Power before it's strength return to normal.

Gaining the Vitality of the heart would strengthen Cale's Indestructible Shield and would help him recover faster than any other human. And the key in gaining it is racing against time.

Small rocks flew around Cale's surrounding and the dragon casted 2 layers of shield around Cale to make sure he's safe.

Swishh, swishhh!

The wind started to get stronger as Cale got closer to the pile of rocks. Even tho the wind is weak around this time, it gets stronger the more Cale step closer at the center that the wind started to push him back.

Walking started to become harder that his footsteps are forced to be hard to keep him from being pushed.

- I regret it. I regret everything! SOB!

Cale started to hear the Ancient Power's voice in his head. He felt a pang of Deja Vu recalling on how he got Glutton. It was also full of complaints.

'Why are all these ancient people never normal?'

Cale took another heavy step.

"You, who is bestowed by a power I am familiar with. It is my hope that you do not receive this cursed power. Everyone around me died. While I! I who was selfish and wished death suffered the lost of my loved ones. I basically betrayed my friends. I was the only one left alive! What a shameless person I am!

Cale's eyebrows met. 'Did he just said a power he's familiar with?'

- You, you smell weird.

"Excuse me?" Cale managed to reply. He know that he's been wearing the same clothes for more than a week but he sure does not forget to take a bath and the dragon cleans his clothes for him, too.

- Nature. You smell nice like the nature!

Cale frowned.

- Anyway, I was only hoping for everyone to come back alive! However, God of Death told me it's not a wish that they can fulfill!

"God of Death? What?" Cale was so confused but he kept moving forward. The black dragon scratched it's neck seeing the human talk to himself.

"Has my human gone crazy?"

- I could only lament and cry, that is why I couldn't finish tower of rock. I just wanted to he with my friends and loved ones, oh God of Death, you're so cruel!

"You're so damn annoying." Cale  it his lip slowly taking another step. The wind was getting strong and it's making him impatient

- This restoration power is completely useless! It is only capable of protecting myself which isn't even helpful in anyway! What's the point of being able to save myself when I can't save other people?!
I definitely am trash!

"You probably haven't heard of me." Cale smirked. Who cares if you're trash, I need that power to protect myself so I can protect other people, Cale thought.

"Five more steps..!" Cale shielded his face using his arm as he felt the strong wind hitting his face.

One.

Two.

Three.

The wind was so strong that it felt like the shield and the dragon's layer of shield will be destroyed into pieces.

- EVEN IF I CUT MYSELF I DIDN'T DIED! RESTORATION POWER IS A CURSED POWER!

Four.

And five.

The wind stopped.

- I just wanted to be with them again.

"Yeah, yeah, what's done is done. Do you think they'll be happy if you take your own life and waste it just so you can meet them again? And also, these is no guarantee that you'll be able to see them you idiot." Cale said as he pick up the piece of rock on the floor.

- You just have to place the last piece and break it and you'll get the power, Cale.

Abby's instructions rang inside Cale's head.

Cale placed his left arm on his hips as he stock down the last piece of rock on the very top.

As he kick the pile of tones, he heard the Vitality's gloomy voice echoed around the cave making the black dragon approach Cale in panic.

"Human! Whose voice was that!" The panicked dragon flew in circles around Cale's head.

"The Ancient Power," he simply replied and the dragon stopped.

- I tried to fight with them, however I did not know I was very weak against pain. They were people who did not serve the Lord. And on top of that, they only gave me terrible food!

Cale frowned remembering the Glutton's story.

- I begged the God of Death for a miracle, but they just laughed at me. I shall now protect you.

The voice stoped and a blinding light entered Cale's chest.

"Human you became a little tiny bit stronger!" The dragon noted.

"Anyway, God of Death, who is that?"

Cale suddenly felt a harsh headache, it felt so terrible he thought his head was going to break apart.

- You! Why do you have other 10 Ancient Powers?!

The Vitality shouted, Cale wanted to ask what it means but his splitting headache stoped him from doing so.

"Cale! It's me, Rok Soo!"