Chapter 46

"Goldie Gramps! Goldie Gramps!" The tiny black dragon called out flying in the air as he landed on the table. His black wings flapped as a greeting as he looked at the white haired man peacefully eating.

"What is it? Did you find another interesting plant?" Eruhaben asked as two pair of cats also climbed the table wagging their fluffy tails.

Every now and then, the children would call for him whenever they find a rock with a interesting shape or a plant with a unique pattern and ask about it. Commonly it would just be herbal plant but there was a day when Hong found a poisonous flower and ate it. It was alright for Eruhaben as Hong is a poison cat, however Raon also grew curiosity of such plants that he offered to eat them too. That made Eruhaben to ban them on his garden.

"Clopeh bastard returned!" Hong cheered loudly and Eruhaben dropped his knife. The children would occasionally say random curse words out of nowhere. It was entertaining but he of course he still wouldn't tolerate children who curses.

"Where'd you even learned such wicked words, hmm?" He asked as his golden eyes shone as if to demand a proper explanation this time.

"To human! Clopeh is a bastard, human says that often!" The tiny dragon said in a cheerful voice and On just winced at the two.

At the exact moment the green eyed Clopeh Sekka pushed the doors open wearing his white armor as usual and his white hair tied in a pony tail. He exhaustedily plopped down on the chair and heaved out a heavy sigh.

"Seems like Arm still haven't got a grasp of that red haired. The same goes for the Capital. Hah... Where did that man even went to? Is he probably dead?"

Raon looked up at Clopeh with his glossy eyes.

"Bastard Clopeh will die first before our human does!" Hong meawed in agreement while On just sighed. She tried to minimize them from cursing, she really did try.

Clopeh was left speechless and was about to retort when Eruhaben cleared his throat.
All four eyes focused on him waiting for him to speak.

"Ahem. You three–" his piercing golden eyes looked at each of the three children. "–Do you have anything to say? I already ignored it for a few days thinking you're just waiting for the right time to tell me. But it seems like you do no even plan to tell me the reason why you suddenly disappeared few days ago?"

On immediately avoided the Ancient Dragon's eyes, Hong gasped lightly while Raon choked loudly on his own saliva.

The Ancient Dragon tried to suppress his laugh as the tiny dragon's reaction was too obvious. Clopeh, who just stared stupidity at Raon just shook his head. It was his first time seeing a dragon's reaction so obvious.

'We are caught!'

On just sighed. It wasn't her idea to visit their human's house after all, it was Raon's genius plan.

Raon told the two cats telepathically with trembling blue eyes.

As the three started to tell Eruhaben what happened, he immediately fell into a deep confusion.

"She was walking around while talking to herself?"

Raon and Hong nodded in unison.

"Ho... That is indeed strange..."

**

"Dear, is there any news about Cale?" Countess Violan asked as she opened the door of Deruth's office. Her face full of worry and her hair falling behind her back.

Deruth glanced at the clock and sighed. It was 1 in the morning.

"You haven't been sleeping lately, did you found out anything?" Violan approached Deruth slowly and met his visibly exhausted eyes. She pitied her dear husband for the bunch of works that had dropped to him.

"No, nothing..." Deruth smiled at Violan before speaking again. "I'm just finishing the last papers, I'll head to bed in a moment or two. You should go back to sleep now."

Violan slowly nodded and reached for Deruth's face. She caressed his cheek and he welcomed her warmth gladly as if it were to recharge him.

"Was it because of what Basen had told you earlier? Is there perhaps a war happening soon?"

Deruth's eyes fluttered open. He was now wide awake.

"W-what how?" Confusion spread across his face, he was sure the crowned prince never mentioned that information to anyone else but the Heirs.

Violan laughed a little at his reaction. "You were strengthening the walls I heard, it was just a wild guess but it looks I am correct?"

Deruth heaved out a sigh as he nodded. Countess Violan truly is smart and observant. There was no reason to hide it from her in the first place when obviously, she'd figure it out sooner or later. Deruth looked at her with apologetic eyes and Violan just smiled in understanding.

"Basen is going to have a hard time, isn't he?" Violan said in a sad tone. It couldn't be helped as he was the heir of the Henituse Territory.

Deruth wanted to avoid fighting as much as possible. If it weren't for his responsibility as a Count, he would have ran away from the Roan Kingdom with his family for their sake. He couldn't have them to be hurt and suffer. He'd rather die miserably than see them in pain Incase he would fail to protect them.

"Things will be hard for him. I'm just glad that thier main target is the Capital. In that case, we wouldn't suffer much loss and have less casualties."

"I see. We should give as much support we can to the Capital if that is the case."

The two talked quietly and discussed the plans for the upcoming war. Thier knowledge about the enemy isn't that much which puts them in a less advantaged position. There wasn't any movements yet so they could possibly strike at any moment they want.

A brown haired little girl listened as she carefully removed the Paralyze spell on the guard outside the door. She had heard enough.

She stealthily stepped away into the shadows completely blending in with the pitch black darkness. Her short hair bounced behind her as she took out a necklace with red gem inside out of her shirt. The unusually red gem shine in the darkness and static sounds filled her head as she touched it.

"Connect." Her soft voice silently casted a magic spell while she walks away from the Henituse Mansion.

"You sure did took your time." A chilly male voice echoed inside her head making her shiver in fear and anger.

She breathe out to calm herself down. "I found nothing inside his room. There wasn't anything in the library either."

The man chuckled. "Is that so? Well I guess that can't be helped. She must've hide it somewhere else then."

There was a brief pause.

"You're going to keep your promise, are you?" She asked with suspicious and cautious voice. Her brown hair flew with the wind as she keep walking away.

"Of course. Silly girl, I am not someone who can't even keep a childish promise." He laughed lowly. "However, I still need you for something. I already sent a clown in your place to they shouldn't notice your disappearance-"

"WHAT? Are you perhaps really that insane?" She gritted her teeth in anger. It wasn't her plan to interact with such man in the first place. However, to protect her family, she must go through such lengths.

She knew that he was very strong, but not to the point that he could make a clown of herself. If ever someone finds out about them, she'll immediately be disowned, or worse be hanged Infront of everyone.

A deal with the devil if that's what you would call it.

'Maybe I am the insane one here.'

"Hahaha! Lily you're such a funny girl. Don't worry, I'll return you quickly, just be a good girl and do as I say."

With that, a teleportation magic appeared on her feet and a man with blonde hair appeared Infront of her.

A sneer escaped Lily's mouth as the man smiled at her innocently and grabbed her tiny hands.

"I never agreed with this?"

The man chuckled. "Little girl, I never needed your permission for this."

And with that, the two disappeared with a blinding light.