Chapter 31

"I swear I'm going to kill him." Alberu's grumpy voice made Taylor Stan smile awkwardly. He wasn't supposedly give his dear father a visit earlier, but as Taylor explained to him what Rosalyn had done to force the King to make such decision as marking Cale a criminal, he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep unless he threaten the King.

Taylor Stan took a sip from his warm tea before speaking.

"I have already secretly informed Gilbert Chetter and Lady Amiru as you ordered, your highness. They said that they will send as much support as they can."

Alberu intertwined his fingers thinking of his next moves.

"What about Eric? Is he still unconscious?"

A brown haired woman appeared beside Taylor Stan. She smiled respectfully at Alberu.

"He's still yet to wake up. As for Young Master Basen he'll be up in a day."

Cage, the Crazy Priestess, also the person who informed Alberu about the upcoming Civil War. The Henituse Territory will be the center of the battle.

"The damn God of Death kept appearing in my dreams telling me that destruction will prevail. It's getting annoyed ha..." The poor Cage sighed as she scratch her neck.

It must've been hard. Alberu had the God of Death visit him in his dreams once and when he woke up he kept puking and had a fever for a week. He never wished for the GoD to visit him again. Therefore, in Cage's case, it must've been terrible. Alberu just smiled sympathetically at the poor Cage.

"I feel sorry for you."

However, Cage just laughed it off. "Whew, helping Taylor is enough exchange for this. You heard that God of Death? The Crowned Prince is feeling bad for me because you kept on annoying me!" Cage looked up in the sky and Taylor just gently laughed.

"Anyway, are there any news about Young Master Cale?" Taylor asked and Alberu shook his head.

It's been five days and they still couldn't get a hold of the red haired. He would be a great help with the war if Alberu could clean his name.

"By the way you highness, why didn't you killed the king when you can easily do it?" Taylor's eyes turned sharp.

Alberu just smiled wickedly at the question. It was simple.

"I wish to rise when Roan Kingdom is at its highest. In that way, no one would dare disobey my orders. I never liked cleaning up after others, father must clean up after himself." Alberu Crossman is a man full of ambitions. Being the strongest Kingdom in the continent is his dream ever since he was a child. It was hard for him to even reach up to this point.

While his siblings were given the opportunity to have tutors and respectable teachers, he hid in his room trying to learn everything by himself.

Countess Jour Henituse provided him secretly his needs. She had given him high quality books that even their Royal Library where he wasn't allowed to set foot in didn't have. When he learned that she had died, he locked himself up in his room and begged his father on his knees to attend the funeral.

And now that he is a perfect crowned prince in everyone's eyes, his father is claiming the credit after realizing that his other sons were no good.

It was very laughable and pathetic.

"You must've known that I've been gathering trustworthy allies, am I correct?" Alberu leaned back at his chair.

Taylor understood where the conversation was going. "Your highness, I am swearing my loyalty only to you. I will help you with all I can. I will follow your orders if that's the way for you to rise as the most respectful King in the history of Roan Kingdom." He bowed his head to show sincerity.

"Well, same goes for me your highness. Would you like me to make a oath of death?" The Crazy Priestess Cage smiled.

"Yes, shall we do that your highness?" Taylor chimed in.

Oath of Death is a promise made with your life at stake. Once you break your said promise with someone, you will die immediately in the most horrible way possible.

However, Alberu Crossman doesn't want to do anything connected to the God of Death. He just awkwardly shook his head at the two.

"No thank you, your words are enough for me Young Master Taylor, or should I say Marquis Taylor Stan?" He immediately changed to subject to Taylor as he doesn't want to talk about anything that has a connection to the God of Death.

"You flatter me, your highness."

**

"Forgive my rudeness Eruhaben-nim, however I have to decline your request." Cale's voice was firm and hard and it surprised the white dragon. He thought that the child he used to take care off would agree immediately. But he was wrong.

"Human! Why not?" Raon asked as he poke his head on Cale's shoulder.

"Your dragon seemed to be thinking differently. Is that your final decision?" Eruhaben took a piece of grape on his plate.

Cale's gaze narrowed. "My dragon? What is her? An item? He's Raon Miru. Got it? Ra-On-Mi-Ru."

"Ye-yes! I am the great and might Raon Miru! Wait, aren't I your child?" The dragon's blue eyes stare at Cale's brown eyes.

"Of course you are. The three of you are.my children. But it doesn't mean that you are mine."

"Nya~? Isn't that the same thing? Us being your child means we belong to you?" Hong asked jumping up on the table.

"Well, it's not the same. You're my children but you are not mine for me to keep and use like an item. Got it?"

- You're not making sense Cale. Sob!

- Food...

"Oho..." Eruhaben's eyes sparkled at the cute sight. Raon rubbed his cheek on Cale's face but Cale pretend to not like it by rolling his eyes.

"But that dragon haven't went thru this first growth phase yet. Are you sure you do not want me to come with you?" Eruhaben's warm voice made Cale even more suspicious of it's actions.

'No. Just because I'm suspicious doesn't mean I can keep Raon from having what he needs.'

Cale sighed and sat down.

"Fine, however I want something." Cale took a bite from his meal as Glutton was making a fuss of how hungry it was from healing his body.

"Sure, as long as I'm capable of giving it why not?" Eruhaben tucked his hair behind his ears.

The red haired gulped and pointed at him. Eruhaben raised an eyebrow.

"Do you think we dragons are trophies for you to keep you unlucky-"

"Your guidance."

"Come again?"

Cale faked a cough looking embarrassed at his request. "Kuhum, I said teach Raon what he needs to learn."

"Human! I can learn by myself but if that's what you want I'm alright with it!" Raon's excited voice filled the dining hall.

"Well if that's all tha-"

A door slammed open and a white haired man with brilliant green eyes entered holding a piece of paper and wearing a fancy white clothing and red as blood coat

"DID YOU MIS-" He stoped mid way as he saw Cale. His eyes wide as he saw the black dragon. He looked at the paper in his hand then back to Cale the to the paper.

"YOU, YOU-" He showed the paper he is holding.

It was the illustration of Cale Henituse and below was two horrible words written in bold letters.

Wanted Murderer.