two

Striding into the lobby of my company but also the cover up building for my mafia I keep my head up as I see everyone bow their heads as a sign of respect

Striding into the lobby of my company but also the cover up building for my mafia I keep my head up as I see everyone bow their heads as a sign of respect. I do not tolerate disrespect from anyone, workers, random civilians, or even family. You can't run a mafia and a multimillion dollar cover up company and except people who push you around. Everyone shows me respect and if not they either get threatened if they are a civilian, fired if they are one of my employees, and tortured if they were one of my soldiers for my mafia. I can confirm I have had to do those three things more than once.

I will not be pushed around and that's all there is to it.

The only person who can come close to disrespecting me is Marco my brother. But normally it ends with a bruise or two. That is only because he is family, and that he's my only friend.

Friends are overrated anyways. I am happy by myself, I dont need to worry about my friends possibly backstabbing me or even killing me. That's why its just Marco, he wouldn't do either.

That however doesn't mean I am not nice to other people. I just like to keep away from anyone in hopes I wont have to kill them. I mean I am nice to my assistant, and I am nice to Maria my housekeeper.

But still if it came down to it I would kill them if I needed too.

Empathy and weaknesses are no good in the underground world. That combo is dangerous and heart breaking. If anything I should know. 

Maggie was my weakness, and now she's gone.

"Mr. Giovanni?" I hear my assistant call from her desk. I take a deep breath before turning in her direction. I was really hoping she wouldn't notice me. I nod telling her its okay to speak to me. "You have a scheduled meeting at twelve today with the suppliers and another meeting with a Spencer Mikaels at four pm as well. Would you also like to squeeze Mr. Mayes in between the two meetings? He has been pretty insistent on meeting with you."

"Got it, suppliers at twelve and Spencer at four." I confirm that I understand. Sheila is a nice lady who is recently widowed and seems to be on her way to retirement. She's one of the few I try to be pleasant for. Her kindness same as Marias reminds me of my mothers. I turn around but then realize I forgot something. "Oh and Sheila? Tell Mayes to go suck a cock."

With that I stride away before the sweet ladys voice pierces through the air again. "Mr. Giovanni I can't say that." She sounds almost nervous. I sigh and turn back to her.

"Just tell him my schedule is too tight this week." I tell her in a softer tone hoping she gets the hint I am not mad. She seems relieved and thanks me before excusing herself. I continue walking to my office that has views that look over all of New York City. It is very calming sitting in my desk and just swivelling around to see the busy bustling city.

If I didn't have so much work to do today that would be how I spend my time in between meetings.

Sitting at my desk I start pulling up files and what not looking over company policies and emails. But just like every other day my eyes stray from my computer to the picture frame on my desk. If I wasn't at work I would let a tear slip at the sight of the photo.