thirty - five

"It's almost eleven o'clock

"It's almost eleven o'clock." Jonathan says while checking his watch as we sit in silence. Parked just outside of Roans headquarters, we wait until we get word from Carlos that they are attacking the docks.

My father, Jonathan, Ethan, and I, patiently wait for the signal. Parked outside of Roans headquarters we are draped in protective wear. Bullet proof vests covering our torsos, six guns strapped into gun holders in our black cargo pants, and big black combat boots protecting our feet.

The rest of the soldiers are all in separate cars awaiting our signal.

The plan is once we get word about the attack at the docs, we will make our way through the thick set of trees that conceal the lot. We'll snipe any snipers and our hackers will hack into the cameras. From there the rest of the soldiers will swarm the compound and from there we will split up. I will take Ethan and my father will take Jonathan. They will take out any soldiers and secure the base along with the rest of our people.

Ethan and I will be looking for Roan. By the time we get near his office he will know about the attack and being the egotistical son of a bitch he is, he will be waiting for us, most likely with an evil smirk that is widely stretched across his stupid fucking face.

With my left hand I spin the "friendship" bracelet Maggie made me while she was at her friend Aprils house. The bracelet is made out of brown leather string, five beads spelling out Nardo and an additional bead with a heart carved into it. She enjoys doing crafts. Every time she always dedicates her creations to me. This one is definitely my favourite because it was the first craft she gave me. It's also my favourite because the rest of them tend to be quite vulgar. For example, she did this parody artwork where she took Mona Lisa's head, cut out a printed photo of my face and clued it onto the artwork. She insists on hanging it up. In our old apartment there was just a painting with my face hanging in one of the halls.

It was hideous. I was scarred by the painting but she looked quite pleased with herself so I pretended I loved it.

I want to text her so bad, to check on her and make sure she's doing okay. She's been hysterical all day and nothing hurts my heart more than to leave her like that.

I know I had to though, she knows it too.

Not dwelling on it much longer I look over at Ethan who sits tensely holding his assault rifle on his lap. His eyes are distant almost as if he's out of it and frolicking in a daydream. Placing a hand on his shoulder seems to snap him out of his state. I give him a questioning look that I hope came off as sincere. When he sees it, he starts to shake his head. "I am fine don't worry about me." He mutters dismissively while looking away. Knowing he's not, but also knowing that we have more important matters at hand, I drop the topic.

"They're here." A voice crackles over the radio. At Carlos's word we signal the soldiers out of their cars and vacate our car. Securing everyone I make the hand signal and at my command the soldiers enter the tree line. Giving my team a permissive nod we follow suit.