eleven

Rubbing my eyes ridding myself of sleep, I open them looking around my room

Rubbing my eyes ridding myself of sleep, I open them looking around my room. Sure enough the sunlight is peaking through my blinds, lightening up my room. I groan thinking it's early in the morning but when I look to my left and see that it is currently eleven o'clock my eyes widen.

Maggie's probably hungry. I need to make her breakfast.

I quickly do my thing before getting changed into sweats rushing down the stairs.

The way my apartment works is the stair case overlooks the living room so of course when I hear Maggie laughing and I see her sitting there playing video games with my father I slightly freak out.

I was supposed to introduce them. Looks like they got pretty acquainted while I was asleep.

"What the hell buddy?!" Maggie screeches as she shoves my father while glaring at the Tv screen. I hear my fathers very rare chuckle fill the room and my eyes nearly bulge out of my head at the noise. I've never heard him sound happy like that.

I guess that's Maggie for you.

"Good morning you two." I greet them making Mags pause the game. My father looks back at me with a sly smirk. Maggie on the other hand looks excited to see me like always.

"Morning Nardo! The stars were perfect!" She tells me while I walk up to her placing a gentle kiss on her head. I send a nod to my father before sitting down on the couch behind them.

"I see you two have become quite situated."

"Oh yes we are best buddies! He doesn't talk much so of course I talk for the both of us." She smiles at me before bumping my father on his shoulder. "If you dont mind, please be quiet. Buddy and I are playing Mario cart. You can play a round against him afterwards."

Does she know who she's sitting next too? I give my father a questioning look and of course he knows what I am silently asking him so he shakes his head side ways. I chuckle quietly.

Of course she wouldn't have questioned who he was. She was probably just excited to meet someone new.

"Maggie do you know who he is?" I ask her making her groan and pause the game again.

"Of course I do, his name is Buddy because he responds to it. He doesn't speak much and he makes great pancakes!" She rolls her eyes at me like I am the dumb one here.

I decide to let it go. She always plays stupid tricks on me I will just play her back. I'll wait to see how long it will take her to realize who he actually is.

Walking away from the pair, I go to my office and start working on getting Maggie set up for school. I am enlisting her into a public school because even though I can afford private, I know for a fact that she will get herself kicked out in a week probably even less than that. As much as I want her to have an excellent education I also know that a kid like Maggie would be better off in a more laid back environment.