twenty - nine

A knock comes from the door in my fathers luxurious office

A knock comes from the door in my fathers luxurious office. I stop spinning in his chair and look around the room. No ones here. Dad went to go get me McDonald's. He told me to hold down the fort until he gets back.

I press the unlock button on the side of his desk so that the person knows they're allowed to answer. He says the stupid lock on the door is for safety purposes but I think it's because he wants to spend money on unnecessary gadgets. I mean he really could just have a classic lock on his door but no he's too lazy for that so instead all he has to do is reach over and press a button.

What a guy?

I turn the desk chair so that the back of the chair is facing the door. I watched a movie the other day where the person sat in the chair and their backs were to the door. I want to live the movie life. So, my plan is to dramatically spin around and shock the unlucky fucker who will be dealing with this scary intimidating boss that is me.

The door opens and footsteps reach the other side of the desk. "Capo." He grunts clearing his throat. I slowly spin the chair around and the mans eyes widen when he sees the most intimidating person he's ever met.

Yeah that's right, he's looking at me.

"Where is boss?" He asks me. He has short styled salt and pepper hair, his nose is fucking massive and he has the greenest eyes I have ever seen. He looks to be about fifty or so and by his attire I can tell he works in the warehouses based on the new rule I put in place.

Yeah that's right, he's wearing a pink button up with flamingos on it.

"You're looking at her." I reply, my arms crossed and my face void of any emotion.

"Right, I apologize Capa." I give a curt nod and gesture for him to take a seat. Dad told me to hold down the fort so I guess that means bossing people around.

"Apologies accepted..?" I trail off waiting for him to tell me his name.

"Carlos."

"Ah Carlos! Nice to meet you. My father is out right now so I am here. What do you need?" I cross my arms over the desk looking very business-y.

"Since you don't know me, I am one of the heads of the departments that deals with the drug imports and exports." He lets me know, grateful for that piece of information I nod giving him the go ahead to continue. "Our shipment docks keep getting attacked."

"By who?" I question tapping my chin thinking up solutions in my head. Just be like Nardo Maggie. Think like him and you'll get an idea.