injury

Darren POV

Even though the boy and I had met only a day ago I could tell he put trust into me. He held onto my arm very gently as if to tell me...

hey. I trust you please don't let them hurt me.

My mom very gently touched the boy's arm looking at the glass sticking out from within his skin. He jumped just slightly as she held her hand out to him.
"Can I help?. " my mother asked very softly. He looked up at me. Questioning the lady he didn't know  who stood before him welcoming him into her care. I smile.
"Eli. That's my mom. She won't hurt you I promise. " I say as he looked at her, glancing back up to me and then at her once more and then slid his hand Into hers. She very gently lead him to the kitchen.

Eli POV
The lovely, yet strange woman led me to the kitchen. There she sat me down and grabbed some things from a cabinet. I got scared. Due to not knowing what she was grabbing. She set a small box on the table and sat in front of me. Reassuring me that everything would be just fine. And how  I'm in good hands. 4 children run around the house, laughing and giggling. Darren walked up to us as he got down beside me and very gently touched the bruise on my eye. Along with the other ones on my face.
His mother very gently pulled the glass out of my arm.
"O-o.. O-owie. " I mumble as a tear falls from my face. Darren wipes my eyes and looked at me.
"You'll be okay.. You can stay in my room okay?.. I only bought an apartment just in case im going on a trip or something. It's normally just for storage.. " he spoke to me. I felt sympathy drip from him like water. And I saw kindness In  his eyes.. He showed nothing but respect for my feelings and emotions. And I could tell that all he wanted was for me to be okay...
"No stitches needed. Luckily it wasn't that deep.. " the lady spoke as she wrapped my arm in bandages.

Darren POV

I watch as he avoided eye contact. I honestly felt horrible. Sort of angry also. At the fact that this boy didn't deserve anything he got and nobody was notified sooner about his situation. I pick him up in one swift, slow, gently move, my mom looked up at us and smiled.. He turned slightly red due to embarrassment. I walk him into my room. Laying him down in my bed.
"How is this?. Is it comfy enough? " I ask him, he nodded.
"Do you want any water? Or anything to drink??. " I ask him as he nodded a little bit.
"Okay. What do you want do drink?. " I ask.
"W-water.. " he mumbled.
"Any good or snacks. Or. Anything?. " I ask once more. He shook his head.
"Okay.. I will be right back with your water. " I say as I silently excuse myself. I go to the kitchen and I fill a clean glass full. Of water.
"Kiddo can we talk.. About his situation?. " my dad asked.
"Yeah! Let me give him his water first. " I speak out confidently as I walk to the room and I give him the water, he took a sip and handed it back.
"It will be right here... If you need anything ease let me. Know. " I say as he nodded. I excuse myself once more, closing the door all the way I walk to the kitchen and I sit with my parents.
"Is everything okay?.. With.. Him?.. " my father asked...