Safe.

Darren POV
As we walked through the door, his crying dyed down enough but in no way did his shaking stop. Still holding onto me as if his life depended on it. Nobody was home. Mom and dad were at work. But the kids were at School. I very gently set him on the couch and I sat on the table. I very gently touched his face.
"You have blood. All over your face... " I mumble as he glanced up to me. A small, single, tear fell from his eye down into his cheek. I gently rub it away with my thumb.
"Let me grab something okay?. " I say as the boy nodded. I let his adorable little face go and I go to the kitchen. I grab the first AID kit and I walked back into the living room. I set the small box on the table, and I sit on the table next to it. He sat trying to calm as I take his hands in mine. You can hold one of my hands.. "This won't hurt hopefully but if it does squeeze and I'll get the memo.." I speak very softly as I look at him. He nodded. I reach into the box with my hand that wasn't occupied and I pulled out cleaning pads and I clean up the blood off of his face. He closed his eyes and his brows furrowed a bit, he scrunched his face up adorably and let our a small noise but didn't squeeze my hand. After I finish I set the dirty cleaning pad down on the lid of the Kit. He opened his eyes and looked at me.. I smile a little. I look at the bruises on his face.
"I-i would have pressed the button sooner b-but... I  d-didnt have a c-chance... S-she kicked me b-before I could.. " he mumbled, I frowned a bit and I slide my finger across the bruise on his face.
"That's okay I don't blame you for it.. And she kicked you? Where at did she kick you? " I ask softly as he very gently lifted up his shirt above his stomach to reveal the bruises on his stomach, waist, sides, and back..
"oh my god kid... How are you feeling? " I ask as he looked down.
"I- I'm o-okay i- it's j-just. I-i-im uhm.. I- it's hurts a little bit mo-more in the m-middle than it d-does anywhere e-else, s-she kicked me i- in the m-middle... B-but all the other ones a-are b-because they were throwing me down... Not only that I bruise easily... " he softly said. I listened quietly and nodded.
"May I?. " I speak softly as he nodded. I gently hold his shirt up just right above his stomach. He leaned back just a little, his face was slightly red as I observed the deep bruises on his body. I glide my finger across it just very gently. I felt him tremble a little.
"Are you okay? Did it hurt? " I say as he shook his head.
"Y-y-your h-hands a-are cold. " he mumbled and blushed. My face turned red. Only because out of everything I was expecting the boy to  say, that was something I wasn't. I gently pull his shirt back down.
"I- I'm s-sorry if I made you i- uncomfortable" he spoke
"No not at all! It was kinda if adorable not gonna lie-" I say as he covered his face. I laughed and hugged him gently. He hugged me back. After a few minutes I move onto the couch beside him. Keeping one hand around him he leaned up against me and slowly kind of fell asleep.