Ch 6

Jream's Pov

"If y'all live in Philly or anywhere near come out to my show tonight. There are still 15 tickets left." I said on my Instagram story.

After I posted it I went to the kitchen and put some left over pasta in the microwave. I repeatedly hit the 30 second button until it got to 3 minutes.

"Why didn't you just press the 3 minute button?" Taz asked.

"Does it matter?" I also asked.

"Duh you save a few extra seconds." He replied.

I shrugged my shoulders and waited for my food to finish warming.

"Have y'all seen Desiree's new post? She's finer than a mug." My homie, King said.

No one could deny that Desiree wasn't beautiful. Her smooth dark skin, her hair, her smile, her personality. Just everything about her was beautiful.

"Yeah I saw it." Taz said.

"So hypothetically speaking if I was to try and get with her would y'all care?" King asked.

"What type of question is that? Of course we gon care. That's lil sis." Taz answered.

King turned and looked at me for my answer.

"Basically what he said."

"Oh well it doesn't matter I'm talking to this one girl anyway." King sat down. King knew not to try it.

I finished eating and went to my room to get dressed. My phone started to ring. I saw it was a facetime call from Desiree.

"Hello." I said as I saw Kamil pop into the camera.

"Hi, what you doing?" He asked.

"I'm getting ready for my show. What are you doing?" I asked.

I searched my closet for some socks as I listened to Kamil tell me what he was doing.

"I have a question. Can I come to the show?" I looked at the screen seeing his eye all in the camera.

"I'd like two reasons why." I usually didn't allow Kamil to come because I never know what could pop off.

"Um because it's a lot of fun and um the food is yummy." He was recalling the last time I let him come to my show in Brooklyn.

"Okay you can come but you have to ask Desiree first." I told him.

"Who are you talking to Kamil?" I heard Desiree ask.

Kamil laughed, said bye and ended the facetime.

I heard a knock at the door and let the person in. It was one of my brothers, Miah, short for Jeremiah. I have two brothers, Miah and Jo.

"This is the outfit you're wearing?" Miah questioned.

"Whatchu mean? This fit is fresh." I looked at myself in the mirror.

"You can do better. You haven't had a show in Philly in 2 years. Your outfit needs to be fresher than a veggie." He said.

"I agree with him." Taz said coming out of nowhere.

"Dang y'all ganging up on me or something." I looked at them both.

"No bro we're just making sure you're not out here embarrassing us." Taz said.

"Exacly we're not from New York for no reason." Miah added.

I laughed at them and looked for a different shirt.

"Okay how bout now?" I asked them.

"See now you don't look like a bum anymore." Taz said to me.