Ch 8

"Nah 'cause you literary went on every slide, not once, not twice but 3 times." I said to my brother.

"Are you mad you're an old lady." He said back.

"No, I'm just tryna figure out how you did that with those really long lines."

"I have my ways." Mar winked.

"There won't be helicopters surrounding our house in the middle of the night right?" My mom asked.

"Dang, I ain't threaten the line attendants that much." He snickered.

I rolled my eyes and got my things together when I saw us pulling up to my apartment.

"Marie you staying another night?" I asked.

"Sure."She smiled.

"Alright, see y'all later." I opened the van door.

Just as I was about to close the door Jream stopped me and said,

"Wait I'm coming too."

"How are you gonna get home?" Miah asked.

"Imma get an Uber." Jream replied.

He closed the door and my dad waited for us to enter the building before he drove off.

"So why exactly are you following me?" I asked Jream while dragging a sleepy Kamil behind me.

"So you won't get abudcted by aliens."

"Alrighty then." I said in a British accent.

"Let's hope you don't get abducted by aliens." Marie said.

"Okay roaches, I'm going to get Kamil ready for bed. Don't do anything dumb, aight." I said once I unlocked my door.

"You not talking to us like that right?" Jream mean mugged me.

"For real who are the roaches? Cause it sure ain't me." Marie added.

"Look, magarine and jam, I said what I said."

"Go on bout your business, queen roach." Marie said.

"My auntie is not a roach." Kamil said.

"Tell 'em Kamil."

"Dang Kamil how you defending her and not us." Jream said.

"Well, I need to go. So get comfortable but not too comfortable." I pointed to the both of them.

I gave Kamil a bath and tucked him into bed.

"Wait, when will I see my papa?" Kamil stopped me before I left his room. It hurt me that he couldn't see his dad so often.

"We'll see him later this week." I told him.

"Will he come to my birthday party." He asked.

"Um, how about you ask him when we see him." I answered.

"Okay. Good night." He ran over to me and gave me a hug.

"Good night, Kamil." I hugged him back and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

I closed his door and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After I finished, I put on some shorts and a tee.

"Ask us some good questions y'all." I heard Marie say when I walked into the living room.

"Yeah but not any wild ones 'cause some of y'all ask some wild questions." Jream added.

"What are you two doing?" I asked pouring me some water.

"We on Jream's live." Marie answered.

"Hey live" I waved to the live.

I finished the water and sat next to Jream on the couch. I laid my head on his shoulder as I felt so tired from all the things we did earlier.