Ch 15

"Did you get to talk to your parents after Kamil's party yesterday?" Jream asked as we got in his car.

We had just finished eating at Denny's.

"Yea my parents told Akari that they want to see him get back on his feet before he can fully take care of Kamil. Until then though he can visit Kamil whenever he wants." I answered.

"That's good. I'm glad y'all worked it out." Jream smiled at me.

"Yea it is very good. I'm happy about it. Also, can you change the song?" I asked.

"Change the song because?" Jream answered my question with a question.

"Because I'm tired of hearing this song." I gave him a duh look.

He changed the song and said, "Oh yeah. We have to stop by my parent's."

Once we arrived Jream spotted an unfamiliar car.

"They got guests over?" He muttered to himself.

We got out of the car and walked up to the house. Jream rang the doorbell until his mom, Ms. Tee, opened the door.

"Desiree! How are you? It's been so long." His mom hugged me.

"I'm great. How about you?" I asked.

"Amazing, come inside." She answered.

We went inside and took our shoes off by the door.

"Dang ma I don't get a hi or a hello?" Jream teased.

"I was just facetiming you two hours ago. You don't need a hi." She hit him on his shoulder.

"Wow that's how you gon-" Jream stopped in his tracks.

A woman, an older woman, and an older man stood before us in the living room.

"Wow, Jream. That's you? We haven't seen you for a while." The man said.

Jream stared at the younger woman in shock. Which made me want to raise an eyebrow. What was going on here?

The girl had a nice bussdown and was wearing a cute cream color two piece. I couldn't help but notice the McQueens on her feet. She definitely has money and is mad pretty.

Jream's dad, Unc, what we all call him, was standing by the couch.

"You remeber Mr. Allen, Ms. Carina, and their daughter Brionna?" Ms. Tee asked.

"Yes, surprisingly." Jream answered.

"Well they are here because us parents want to tell you something." Unc said.

I looked at Jream's face. He looked so confused it was almost funny. Jream's dad speaking again made me turn my attention back to the family in front of us.

"So when you and Brionna were little. Us and her parents used to both have a business on the same block. Business was going good until, well, it started to get really slow. I saw that our business was starting to collapse and we needed to find a way to save it. We talked to Mr. Allen and he found a solution. With that solution came with a condition."

"A Condition? What condition?" Jream asked.

I could tell this condition was about to sound absolutely crazy.

"I'm getting there. The condition was to get with Brionna." Unc said.

"As in a relationship? A full blown relationship?" Jream looked at his parents shocked.

I was even shocked myself. This sounded like something from many centuries ago.

"Yes as in a relationship and even possibly marriage." Ms. Tee answered.