Ch 7

"Dang can they be patient." I said to myself as my phone rang for the third time.

"Right blowing up our phones like they being invaded by aliens." Marie said with a mug.

"Nobody told them to come earlier than they said they would." I added.

We were going to Camelback with Jream, his family, and my family. My dad rented out a van and told us they were going to pick me and Marie up.

Now they here 10 minutes earlier and rushing us.

"Okay I think we have all the stuff we need." Marie looked around.

"Let's go then." I shook Kamil awake and we went outside.

"About time. Y'all was taking forever." My dad said as I got closer to the van.

"Why y'all got that stank look on y'all faces?" Taz leaned off the van.

"Because my dad kept blowing up my phone and rushing us like we're late." Marie put her things in the trunk.

As I was putting my things in the trunk Taz started whispering to me.

"Your lil friend Jream been moody all morning. I tried to get him to tell me what's wrong but he won't. Maybe you can get him to."

"I'll try but he probably won't tell." I whispered back.

Taz closed the trunk and we both got inside. I saw Jream sitting all the way in the back so I joined him.

"Wassup." I said.

Instead of him saying something back he nodded his head at me and looked out the window.

"You good, Jream?" I asked.

He turned toward me and mumbled a small yes.

I grabbed his hand played with the bracelet on his wrist the rest of the ride.

About 30 minutes in I looked out the window and saw us pulling into a gas station.

"Why are we stopping here?" Mar asked.

"Why would we be stopping at a gas station? To get gas dummy." Taz answered.

"Shut up twinkle toes." Mar smacked the back of Taz's head.

"Y'all gone stop disrespecting my name." He fixed his cap.

"It's not even your real name. It's a nickname." Amari said.

"You're right this man's name is Timothy Ansel Simons." Marie said.

"So where did the 'z' come from? Your last name starts with an 's'." Mar asked.

"Well I made it a 'z' because Tas sounds ugly." Taz answered.

"If y'all want snacks or need to use the bathroom. Y'all better do it before I finish getting this gas or I'll leave you behind." My dad said as he got out.

"And how are we gonna finish that fast?" I said.

"Then you better get going. Over here chit chatting." My dad replied.

"Shoo y'all need to move out the way 'cause I need me some snacks." Taz climbed over everyone in his row.

I tapped on Jream's shoulder to wake him up.

"You need anything from the gas station?" I asked him.

"Yea imma come with you." He said while stretching.

We got out the van along with his brothers and went inside.

"Wow the sleeping beauties have finally awaken." Taz saw us.