08.

chapter eight. a side of sprinkles.

"SHUT UP."

"Oh come on, tell me about it," Tristan said leaning his body towards the table and prepping his elbows up for support when he tilted his head. His voice was filled with clear amusement. "Who came onto who first?"

"Gross," I set the last brownie on the topmost layer of the cake stand and looked to Tristan, meeting his eyes when I turned right. "Why would I come onto you?" I gave him a questioning look.

He said nothing but returned my look with his own look—an offended one, and moved his hands up and down his body as if he was trying to tell me something. This time it was me who let out a scoff at his gesture. Unbelievable. I moved the cake stand towards the center of the table and put the box aside, not giving him any more attention.

It was twenty minutes later, and Tristan tried to get me to talk but I wouldn't budge. I used the time wisely and spent it by selling the brownies Pete made, and let out a huff as I sat down on the chair. 

Much to my dismay, Tristan sat beside me, "Just tell me why'd you do it?" he asked when he placed the dollar bills inside the money box, ignoring the customer. I thanked the student who bought two pieces of brownies only to have her repay my smile with a judging look. Great. Once she was out of sight, I gave Tristan a blank look, "Pretty please?" his voice dragged on in a velvety manner.

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't say we made out. I just respectfully returned Paris's stupid remark about the rumor that I skipped class to make out with you." I snapped. He was watching me, the smug look never out of sight. 

"Oh but you kind of initiated it!" 

"I so did not! What is wrong with you?" I banged my fist on top of the table. He let out a chuckle and stretched our his arms, draping one on the back of chair's back rest. He had this distinct smell that I couldn't quite put a pin on. It annoyed the shit out of me. 

I looked at his arm behind me, this guy was way  too close. He seemed to have noticed how I shot off a pissed-off look, and he just let out a laugh as he backed off with his hands in the air like he was surrendering. 

Just as I thought that a moment of silence was given to me, Tristan just had to take it away just by seconds. "But I'll be clear with you," he started which got me sighing in defeat. 

"We could do it if you're down for it." he teased. 

"Do you ever shut up?" I asked, my patience wearing thin. My anger was not just hanging by a thread, it has already fallen off the thin string. If it weren't for the people walking here and there, and customers dropping by our booth, I would've easily lashed out on him. 

My question was left unanswered when the presence of Summer and her clique came into view. From counting the money in the box, to talking to some people on the way, Tristan was soon occupied the moment Summer decided to lock lips with the blonde. He smiled right after pulling away and then came his devilish smile. My god. 

There was no point in getting a decent answer out of his mouth, and so I bit back my words. I shook my head and rolled my eyes, "Never mind." I whispered and grabbed the tray with newly placed treats, something Tristan was supposed to do but failed entirely, and stood up to go around the grounds.