Chapter 21 - letting them go

< UNKNOWN'S POV >

" okay they've beaten her nearly to death, can we let her go? " my daughter asked me.

" who's side are you on? " I asked looking up from my papers.

" daddy I'm on yours of course, why wouldn't I be? " she said in a whiny voice.

" then why do you keep trying to get me to let her go? " I asked looking her in her eye.

" her family knows she's kidnapped and they're looking! " she said quickly.

" well let them look " I said and looked back at my papers.

" but dad- " she started and i cut her off.

" if that'll be all you can leave " I said coldly and heard her let out a sigh.

After a few seconds I heard her heels click and my door opened then closed.

I pulled my tablet out of my desk and looked at the surveillance footage.

The kids were sleeping and she looked like she was waking up so I quickly sat the tablet down and stood up.

< HENRY'S POV >

I fucked up majorly.

I can't help but to feel i failed as a father, i mean what if she never forgives me.

If she didn't I wouldn't be surprised because I'm not even forgiving myself.

As I paced back and forward ignoring the pain in my shoulder I tried to think back to when he shot me.

He didn't look familiar and his " American " accent sounded forced.

I looked through the footage earlier and got their tags number but it was fake.

This is my fault.

I agree with Janessa- when we get her back she can go with her.

COME ON JANESSA! GET UP!

I chanted to myself internally.

I felt paralyzed and my body felt like it was on fire.

I need to get us out of here.

All that's running through my mind right now is feeling weak.

Am I strong enough?

Why does this little situation have me questioning myself?

Another child??

I'll take a dna test when we get out because he could be trying to psych me out.

and if she is my child then..

I don't know.

I have to get up and keep pushing.