Chapter 1

(Maya's Pov)

It's been six months since the singularity and I haven't spoken to Barry since. Even when we share the same office, every time I try to get his attention he ignores me. Right when I finally think we are making progress we go back to square one. He even made it apparent to take up different cases than me when we usually work together. But not today. Barry Allen you can't hide from me for long.

~At the crime scene~

"How's it going?" I arrived a little early to the scene before Barry so I can make sure he won't run away from me and actually talk. No matter how many times I spoke to Barry this definitely has to be the most nerve wracking I felt. More nerve wracking then I told him my feelings for him.

"Hey. Uh, good. How you doing?," Barry asked while going underneath the police tape as I followed him.

"Good." There was a short pause that was definitely awkward. There goes trying to have any conversation with him. I guess it's time to get to work. "So, the victim. His name is Al Rothstein. He's a welder here at the nuclear plant. Co-worker found him this morning." I turned to look back at Barry and finally I saw that smile I always loved on his face while he was taking notes and looking into my eyes. Maybe not everything is lost.

Joe then appears onto the scene, "So, what do you guys got?"

"Petechiae on his face and the whites of his eyes, and this bruising around his neck... Oh, so he was strangled," Barry said.

"Mm-hmm," Joe hummed.

"By someone very strong and very large..." Barry continued.

"Or something? This wasn't Grodd," I finished as I'm crouched down in a squat over next to the body.

"Oh, thank God. "

Joe sighs and then looks at me giving a look of you should talk to him. Like I wasn't already trying. I just want my Barry back. There's too many thoughts going through my head right now that I just let out a sigh back, "Look, we'll let you know when we find more."

Barry lets out a slight smirk when my usage of "we" but is there a "we" because he hasn't been showing me that there is.

After giving our statement to Captain Sigh Barry and I were allowed to go for the day after we fill put paper work at the station. Barry and I walked out together but then I turned to go the opposite way of him. I tried walking away from him but he pulls me into an alley.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"Look I'm sorry..."

"For?"

"everything.."

"Everything...like being a total dick ignoring me for the last six months making wonder what even are we. Or making me believe that I did something wrong for you to push me away?"

"Yes...everything plus more. I just don't want you to get hurt because of my actions..."

Barry looked like he was about to cry any minute now. I couldn't stand it. I cupped his face and pulled in closer, "Barry you weren't the only one struck by lightning that night too... or did you forget that..."

Barry closes his eyes as he melts into my hands, "I know..."

"But you don't. I can handle myself. You out of all people should know that. You need to stop pushing those closes to you away."

"I'm trying."

"Well you need to try a little harder... because I can't keep waiting for the day Barry Allen grows a pair of balls and finally makes a mov-"