Chapter 12

(Nobody's Pov)

Everything was going great in world of Maya and Barry. They were in the escrowing process for their dream apartment/townhouse and Maya has Barry all to herself, naturally starting a family would be the next step for them. Barry has been dropping hints all over the place. Maya found Barry looking at matching shoes when he needed new sneakers because his burned up from running late to work. With every pair he order he would find the matching pair in baby shoes, starting a small collection for child they don't have yet. It's quite cute.

Everyone on the team knows that they are in escrow so Caitlyn and Iris took it upon themselves to set up a girl's night to celebrate.

(Iris's Pov)

Tonight is going to be so fun. Just me and my girls... speaking of which I can't find the pair of Maya's heels that she said I could borrow.

"Bitch!!!"

"Yes?" Maya asked while laughing.

"Where are those heels?"

"Which ones?"

"The red and gold metallic ones..."

"Behind Barry's gray converse"

"They aren't there."

Maya comes out of the bathroom and went to her closet and pull out the pair shoes that were right in front of me.

"HOW THE FUCK?!"

"They were seriously right in front of you."

As she was handing me the heels I see something shiny on her finger. OH MY GOD! My two besties are engaged!!!

"Earth to Iris..."

"YOUR ENGAGE TO BARRY!!!"

Maya Laughs, "No I'm not.."

"Then what's that ring on your finger?"

Maya Blushes, " It's more like a pre-enagement.."

"What do you mean?"

"It's a promise ring. You know with superspeed and all everything is so fast..."

"Yeah okay..."

"Well we decided to take this slow and just enjoy it but eventually we are going to get engage."

"Well looks like we have two things to celebrate."

Maya smiles, "I guess we do."

"I can tell you guys really love each other."

"I really do... he's the one."

"The one? Really... I know how hard it is for you to get to that point."

"yeah... well I guess he's always been the one since elementary."

"That makes sense. The way you looked at him it was kind of hard to miss. I'm shocked that it took him so long to see it but I'm glad he did." Maya blushes. "And by the way you look hot."

"ME... look at you."

(Iris's Outfit)