Chapter 7

~In the Med bay~

(Nobody's Pov)

"Professor Stein, can you hear me?" Caitlin asked while flashing a light in his eye.

***

-Barry's Narration-

Everyone secretly thinks they've figured out what their life is gonna be like, but what no one ever considers is that life has its own plans for you, whether you like them or not. And so you're left with a choice. You can either embrace the change and move forward, or fight it, and be left behind.

***

*Flash back*

~Football field~

"Dude! I knew you could do it," a random boy said. His friend chuckles. "That was some touchdown, man. You won us the game!"

"Hey, no, man. We won us the game."

"Hey, that's not what the cheerleaders were saying."

His friend laughs, "Oh, yeah? For real? A'ight."

While they were talking the coach approached them putting his arm around one of them, "Jefferson, great game."

"Hey, thanks, coach," Jefferson said while his friend walked away to celebrate.

"I'm not the only one that noticed. Lot of scouts in the stands tonight, and after that touchdown, they all pulled out their cell phones. You're gonna get your pick of colleges, son."

"You really think so?"

"I know so. You get home and celebrate with your mom."

Out of no where there was a loud explosion followed by an orange cloud and lightning. The cloud spread further and eventually took out the lights to the field.

"Everybody, run!"

Jefferson and everyone started running and screaming towards the tunnel that leads them to the locker room.

"Oh!"

Due to everyone trying to get to the same place, people where trampled over. Jefferson wasn't going to let this slide. Jefferson helped many people up and got them them into the tunnel. There was one person still out on the field so Jefferson went back, "Hey, hey, come on, man, I got you! We gotta get inside the tunnel!"

But the cloud was faster than them.

***

*Present*

(Caitlin's Pov)

"Ugh! Aah! Hold him steady! He's dropping out," Maya shouted.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on. Cisco, we're losing him!"

"Got it! Oh, Dios mio," Cisco exclaimed.

"Thank God," Maya said.

"He's getting worse."

"Look, I did what I could to re-engineer Doctor Wells's original stabilizer to quell the reaction, but I don't know what he used as a power source. Best I could find was the one from his wheelchair."

"And how long will that last?" Barry asked.

"Well, that's the problem, is we had already used up most of its energy trying to dampen the metas' powers during our little rogue air trip with Weather Wizard and company. I think we got a few days tops."

"And he's stuck in bed?" Maya asked after we got Stein stabilized.

"Yeah, when he wakes up, I'm gonna transfer the stabilizer to this, give him a power cane, get him moving," Cisco claimed.