Chapter 11

(Maya's Pov)

Today was  the perfect day. Neither Barry and I had work and crime has been silent or just muggings. Yes this is unusual for people that protect the city... but hey everyone needs some r&r.  Well today r&r is going apartment shopping with Barry.

"Maya are you ready? We have to be there in five minutes."

"Bubs... you have superspeed... we can literally get there when we only have a second left."

Barry thinks about, "Well... yeah... I thought we might want to slow down for a bit today." Barry pulled me in by the waist and kisses me softly. "And I plan on taking my time with you today, tomorrow, and every night."

"oh... I like the sound of that," I smirked.

Before I could get another word out Barry pulled me in and slowly started to nibble on my neck. He knows exactly how to erase any thought that has come to my mind. If I could stay like this forever I would, but we have places to be.

"Barry... we have to go..."

"hmm... one more minute," Barry mumbled into my neck.

"You're the one that said we needed to hurry," I laughed.

Barry pulls away, "Yeah I know. I guess we should get going now."

***

(Nobody's Pov)

"So this is a nice starter apartment for couples like yourselves

"So this is a nice starter apartment for couples like yourselves..." the realtor says.

It was a nice apartment but Barry and Maya weren't quite sold on it. Isn't it suppose be like you can feel it in your gut if the house is the one or something like that.

"What does the unit entail..." Barry asked.

"It's two bedrooms... well one master and an office but the office can be turned into a bedroom."

A little off putting but not a deal breaker.

"This is the only unit that has a close floor concept, but the living room is so big that it feels as if it was an open floor concept. Laundry in unit. Central air conditioning, fully furnished. The downfall of these units is thin walls."

Barry and Maya just look at each other, "Can we have a minute?"

"Of course."

The Realtor leaves the main space. "So..." Barry asked.

"It's nice... but"

"But?"

"I don't know... it doesn't really feel right."

Before Barry could say anything the Realtor came back, "So what do you two think?"

"We need more time to think about it," Maya said.

"Yeah no problem. Take my card and I hope to be in touch."

~In the car~

"So what are you really thinking about that place?" Barry asked.