2.

TWO

【Glacial】

    All that Rexton knew was that it was cold. His eyelids were heavy, his mind was a fuzz. His thoughts felt like they were suffocating underwater. Discomfort was all engulfing, and his body uncontrollably juddered in an attempt to keep him warm. Cold. It's cold. Cold... That's all his mind registered, and it became colder and colder, the more aware he was. He wanted to go back to sleep, his headache thumped, but he couldn't. He couldn't go back to sleep.

    Cold. It's cold.

    All Rexton wanted was to feel any kind of heat wrap his body like a blanket, he wanted his headache to go away, and he needed to open his eyes and find that warmth. So he did. Rexton forced his droopy and tired eyes open. Suddenly met by an ever so slightly flickering dim light that hung from the ceiling.

    His eyes slowly traversed downwards, the dull tan walls infested with mold came to view. Then he finally realized that he was lying in a bathtub, filled to the rim with ice.

    Rexton didn't remember much of what happened last night that could have led him here, to this... Unfamiliar, tiny, claustrophobia-inducing bathroom. All he remembered were random flashes of strobe lights and mounds of people dancing from last night's party. After that, it went black.

    His surroundings were unfamiliar. His mind raced to find reasons as to how he arrived here, or what even happened. His friend let him crash at their place, maybe? Maybe he's in a tub full of ice cubes due to a dare? A prank? Whatever the reason, he was sure he would find out later. But right now, Rexton just wanted to leave so he could sleep in the hopes that his headache would go away.

    He stood up, the ice cubes and freezing water glided down his body, Rexton shivered. He was stripped of his shirt and the chilly fresh air hit his skin, leaving a trail of goosebumps all over. He was only in shorts, which made him question even more of what happened last night. Rexton took a step out of the tub where his body left drips and puddles of water behind.

    His eyes focused on the door, and in his nauseous state, attempted to aim for the doorknob in front of him, paying the sink right besides him no attention.

    He succeeded in grabbing the doorknob and turned it. The door flawlessly opened with no struggle but only a creak.

    Rexton walked past the sink that contained a silver tray on the counter. The tray held an injection needle with half of the fluid inside already gone and a cornucopia of surgical scissors lay aimlessly on top of each other. A box of opened blue gloves sat inside the rustic sink, along with a bottle of gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, and with the lid gone, it caused the clear liquid inside to trickle bits down the drain.

    After walking out the door, Rexton finds himself in a messy bedroom, it looked like a cheap motel room that someone had an overnight stay in. The bed was untidy, the blanket was on the floor, and the lamp on the bedside had fallen over.

    Just what the fuck happened last night? He thought.