10.

𝐓𝐄𝐍

【Requirements】

    The familiar freezing temperature overruled all else. Rexton felt the wet slippery cold ice resting violently on his skin. His eyes opened in a panic when he remembered what had happened. He's back at the bathtub with the ice cubes mounted under and on top of his body.

    He wondered if it was a dream, until a stinging pain accompanied his upper abdomen. He took a look and saw stitches engraved into his skin, the stinging pain of the cold water seeping inside of him.

    Then he saw that note again, taped onto the eerie moldy walls.

    Rexton swore he could feel his heart drop to the bottom of the tub

    Rexton swore he could feel his heart drop to the bottom of the tub. He didn't want to believe it, his whole body has gone weak, his skin had turned a tint of purplish blue, his muscles had given up on him. His body had given up on him. With the fatigue, he too had given up on himself.

    Immediately he thought of Dakota, he thought of his mother, he thought of Gabe, he thought of everyone in his life. Even his enemies. He was helpless, and couldn't do anything. In his mind, he had already lost, and he allowed himself to sink lower into the tub, engulfed by the ice. He closed his eyes, and never opened them again.

▾