6.

𝐒𝐈𝐗

【Reconnected】

    Upon reentering the messy motel room, Rexton noticed something he didn't see before. His eyes strung toward his phone screen that glinted under the untidy bed. He quickly walked to the bed, reached under it and grabbed his phone, turning it on at lightning speed.

 He quickly walked to the bed, reached under it and grabbed his phone, turning it on at lightning speed

    Rexton let out a sigh. He stood up again and sat at the end of the bed. He slowly put in his passcode, trying to remember it correctly. His mind still felt like it was warping out of proportion. Jesus, how much did I drink last night?

    Immediately he went to his contacts and pressed Dakota, dying to hear from the love of his life. Everything is going to end up okay, his girlfriend is going to pick up the call. He already has a plan of what he will tell her.

    He planned on telling her his theory and presenting it as a truth. He thought he was probably too drunk to drive and had taken a taxi, where he stayed overnight at this motel because he didn't want to come home and have his parents see him so hungover, and since it was practically in a desert, he bought a ton of ice from some ice machines that most motel's should have, and he rested in the bathtub to cool down. That was the most logical and reasonable explanation he could come up with. Everything else was out of the question.

    Calling Home, it said.

    It felt like minutes had passed, and Rexton grew impatient. Bored, he grabbed the remote that was sat on the corner of the bed and turned on the television. It was static for a couple seconds before Rexton ran through the multiple different channels.

    "Side effects may include—"

    "—Buy one get one free today! Call now at—"

    "—leaves everyone shocked as Mr. Chimperon invites Landon Adams to his daughter's funeral during Landon's furlough and the two grieve together side by side despite—"

    "—carniculastop.com has finally been taken down after a 24 hour investigation. Police have reason to believe that this very site is connected to the recent four murders in Irvine California and that carniculastop.com is orchestrating an illegal trading ring for—"

    "—Only for $14.99!"

   Well this is fucking boring, Rexton thought as he looked down on the phone in his lap, the television turned into background noise to him.

    Come on, come on pick up pick up, I don't want to be here in this shit hole all day. The call ended and went straight to voicemail.. Rexton dialed his girlfriend again for the second time and he saw how his phone battery dropped to 1%. He rolled his eyes.

    Great, now I have to ask some maid or someone to borrow their phone. His eyes wandered around the room, traveling across the TV again before he finally realized that the dresser the TV was standing on had one of the drawers opened. With a new found excitement, he propped up on his legs, phone still in hand and walked towards the drawer.

    I better have put my charger in there.

    Rexton peered inside the dark drawer and before his eyes laid a piece of ripped notebook paper that contrasted against the darkness around. At first glance he thought what was written on it was an innocent grocery list left by the last resident. At first glance. But at second glance, Rexton read down the list.

     It was no ordinary list.