8.

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

【The List】

    "What the fuck?" Rexton mumbled under his breath before he slammed the drawer shut

    "What the fuck?" Rexton mumbled under his breath before he slammed the drawer shut. This sure as shit is not some damn grocery list, what kind of freak stayed here before?

    "Babe?" His phone connected to the other line. "Where the fuck have you been?"

    "Dakota?" His eyes drew downwards to the phone in his hand. "Finally, I don't know where the hell I am, I'm at some motel in the middle of God knows where—actually let me go find the name of it—"

    Just as Rexton was about to move, five loud sharp bangs shook the entrance door, rattling it against its hinges. In shock, Rexton dropped his phone and falls backwards onto the floor. The door handle twisted and turned and rotated in erratic patterns.

    "Rexton?" Dakota says in a worried and rushed tone. "What was that, are you okay?"

    A loud thump follows as the door is kicked in and falls forward, crashing onto the floor, vibrating the very space around it.

    There stood a monstrously tall body in the doorway, their long spider-like arms reached inside the room. Their hands were large with clean blue gloves tight around them. Whatever it was, they wore a plastic Easter Bunny mask covering their face, it looked cheap, like something you would find at a dollar store. However, the bunny's plastic smile lost all its innocence and appeared gruesome, the grin stretched to its tall ears in a perverse manner.

    Too tall to walk through, its head tilted down as it stepped inside, taking big strides towards Rexton.

    "Rexton?" Dakota pleaded. "What's going on? Where are you?"

    "Is this some fucked up prank?" Rexton's yells scraped his throat. "Stop it dude, THIS IS TOO FUCKING FAR!"

    The thing halted. Stopping right where the phone laid on the floor. It's long torso lowered down and picked it up, it dangled the now dead phone in front of Rexton, as if to taunt him. The bunny then drops the phone and crushed it under its heavy feet. Their long arms stretched out, crawling towards Rexton in a painstakingly slow pace.

    "Hey!" Rexton scurried back, until his spine hit the wall. "HEY!"

    The bunny man stopped again, this time springing onto his feet, he pulled a white cloth from his pocket and took his last step towards Rexton.

    The man bent down, leveling himself with teenage boy in front of him. He reached his arms out, trying to cover Rexton's mouth and nose but Rexton grabbed his wrist. Rexton tried his best to push him off, his muscles burned and ached from the dehydration, until they finally gave out and the next thing Rexton is met with is the white cloth covering his mouth and nose. A sweet chemical odor-like smell filled up his nostrils.

    With one inhale, his eyes closed almost in an instant.