53

Louis Tomlinson

After a while of getting to know Delilah and talking everything out with Melinda... we got rights to take her home.

We adopted her. We really adopted her.

On the car ride home, I sat in the backseat by the car seat and sang funny songs to her that made her laugh and reach for me. I'd leg her play with my fingers, and she rambled on in baby language and I just grinned.

Harry was taking pictures of us every time the car stopped a red light. and he got a chance to look away from the road for a second. When we got home, Harry carried her in quickly and I got the few things that Melinda sent with us out of the car.

She can walk just barely by herself, she still mostly crawls around and holds onto stuff when she stands, but we let her roam a bit around the living room. Sure, she's a baby, but she needs to see her new house, right?

She played in the living room floor then we took her to her bedroom. We stood her in the middle of it and she happily trudged around and played with the toys from the small toy chest by her bed.

About an hour or two pass of her being in the house and we decided she was probably hungry. We fed her and changed her diaper... then the cutest thing happened. 

She yawned really big and made grabby hands at me. I lifted her from and settled her on my hip. She laid her head on my arm and her little fists grabbed my shirt. She yawned again and I gently bounced her on my side and walked slowly around her bedroom while humming to her.

I was actually humming Little Things by the band.

Harry comes back from the bathroom, and I hold one finger up to my mouth, shushing him. He nods and grabs his phone. He takes a couple pictures before I gently put her in her bed.

"When're we telling the guys?" I whisper as we look at her

Harry ducks one hand down and moves a soft curl off of her forehead.

"Now? We could send them all pictures." He suggests

"yeah, because you took plenty" I giggle

"Hey, you took pictures while I fed her so don't even!" He whispers back

"Let's just make a group chat and tell them" I nod

"Okay, come on" he says as he takes my hand and leads me out of the room