PART 16

Meenakashi's POV

My husband went to unlock the door and saw my mother in-law who informed us that someone has come to visit me which never happened in all these many years. I quickly braided my hair and curiously followed my husband to the living room.

I saw two young men and an elderly woman in her early 50's in the living room and as soon as they saw me, the old woman who looked familiar came near me and hugged me. Then she started sobbing loud which confused me so I just patted her back to console her. After she stopped crying, my mother in-law offered her a glass of water which the woman accepted.

The woman then introduced herself and she being my aunt, my uncle's wife and the two young men as their children with whom I played. This filled my eyes with tears and soon she again hugged me seeing tears in my eyes. Then I recognised them. I recognised her, Sarala aunt. My brothers Chinnu and Minnu. Chinnu was 7 years old and Minnu 5 years old when I saw them for the last time on my wedding day. They came to visit me after 20 years. This made me very emotional.

My father in-law, grandmother in-law, mother in-law, brother in-law, Sudha, my children and my husband everyone were also surprised seeing someone from my maternal family visiting me. This made me feel very happy. I didn't feel like an orphan at that moment. I introduced my maternal family to my in-laws and vice versa. My maternal family who met my children were very excited and showered them with lots of kisses and hugs.

My brothers were both software engineers and both settled in Hyderabad. They were searching alliances for my brother, Chinnu. My uncle who was unwell wanted to see me and my family as he was afraid that he would die without seeing me for the last time. I started crying listening about my uncle's health as I remembered him pampering me a lot when I was a child. They requested me, my family to visit my uncle along with my children to which my husband and in-laws agreed and promised them that we would meet them the next Sunday as that week my children would be busy with their exams. They were happy that we would meet my uncle and as it was evening, they had snacks which I made and praised me for my cooking skills.

While leaving, they gave chocolates to my children and pampered them with all the love. My brothers asked me to give my phone number to which I said that I didn't have a phone. So they exchanged numbers with my husband and said that they would stay in touch with us which made me feel happy.

Bidding them goodbye reminded me of my wedding day. That day I was confused and had no idea what to do. While leaving I saw my uncle's face which was stoic, he simply patted my head and left from there. That was the last time I saw his face.

After they left, we all came into the house.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.