PART 18

Meenakashi's POV

I quickly ran into the washroom to hide l and my husband went to the kids room to wake them up early as that day was their first exam and I quickly got ready for the day and went out of our bedroom.

The morning was very hectic as the kids were tensed about their exam and were in hurry. Everyone left and only we ladies were left in the house and as usual I was immersed in the chores.

In the evening after everyone came back I was serving them their snacks and my husband who saw me gave me his mobile to call my family as they called him few minutes back to talk to me. After taking the mobile from his hand I excitedly went into the kitchen to talk to them.

My aunt answered the call as if she was waiting for me to call and she gave it to my uncle to talk to me. My uncle got very emotional talking to me and apologised for abandoning me to which I replied him to let go of the past. He said that he was excited to meet me and I said that I would meet him after the kids examinations.

Few more days passed. My maternal family made sure to talk to me everyday. As I was not having my own mobile, they called on my husband's phone everyday which annoyed my husband. So, one day he gave me an old basic phone for me to use and not disturb him. The mobile phone made me feel excited. I was always curious seeing everyone getting immersed in the mobile. So, I decided to explore the phone thouroughly and I was addicted to the snake game in the mobile which is the only game it has. My days passed with the chores and my mobile. My kids were busy studying and my husband made sure of it. My husband was also busy with the school, our kids and his tuitions.

On the last day of the exam everyone came home in the evening and were discussing about the festival arrangements and shopping for the festival. They decided to go to the shopping the next day. Every year the men in the house along with the kids and my mother in-law go to the town for the shopping. As my grandmother in-law can't travel because of her health, I stay back to take care of her. But after Sudha got married, she too started accompanying them for the shopping. Even I wanted to go with them but it's not like I knew anything about shopping.

In the night, in our bedroom I asked my husband about going to my uncle's house to which he said that we would go after shopping. Then, I got on my side of the bed to sleep. But, my husband pulled me towards him and just hovered over me. He didn't get intimate with me for almost a week because of the exams and the paper correction.

That night, he didn't let me sleep at all and the next morning, I woke up as usual and saw my husband in a deep sleep beside me. I wished to sleep like him.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.