PART 21

Meenakashi's POV

My mother in-law was furious seeing me and slapped me hard and took a bamboo stick and started hitting me and the stick was nearly broke and seeing me cry my grandmother in-law stopped my mother in-law and warned her not to touch me which made my mother in-law stop.

The next day my husband and my father in-law were back and my husband lied to my mother in-law saying that he was the one who asked me to mix those pills in the juice as he was confused and thought those were vitamin tablets which angered my mother in-law and scolded my husband for being so careless.

She then took me to my room which I shared with my grandmother in-law and applied some medicinal cream on my wounds. My grandmother in-law came to the room with a plate of food and fed me with her own hands which made me cry and then both the ladies hugged me and consoled me and made me sleep as my body was aching badly.

They didn't let me do any work till I was completely healed and that made me even more guilty. They were treating me so well but I felt that I didn't deserve their kindness.But the good thing was husband was back to his healthy self.

One day I went to my husband's room to apologise and as soon as I saw him, tears formed in my eyes knowing that I made a big crime but still he saved me. I went near my husband who sat on the bed and apologised to him. After listening to me, my husband asked me to get out of his room and when I was going out of his room, he said that love pills don't exist and this made me come to the conclusion that Raghav confessed everything to my husband which made me embarrassed and hurriedly I ran out of his room. But I had a doubt that why did my husband lie to my mother in-law.

Raghav came to talk to me but I didn't talk to him at all. After the holidays he went to Hyderabad and after that he visited our village many times and tried talking to me but I ignored him. After both his grandparents passed away, he stopped coming to our village.

Seeing him after so many years made me happy, his smile grew wider seeing me smile and eventually he started saying about his life in Hyderabad and said that he got married to his childhood sweetheart, Shalini which made me smile as I remember him saying that he loves a girl called Shalini who was his neighbour.He said he also had a son and daughter which made me feel happy for him. He said that he came to the village to renovate their house as his parents want to settle in the village.

When we were talking, my mother in-law came out of the house and was excited to see Raghav after a long time and invited him to our house.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.