PART 41

Meenakshi's POV

I never knew that my husband could be so gentle and caring. I was really happy with his behaviour. I just want him to stay the same forever.

My mother in-law started calling me on mobile frequently. I was happy thinking she was missing me but later realised that my husband was not answering her calls. She insisted me to give the phone to my husband but he didn't talk.

I was scared of the reason for his ignorance. I didn't want him to stop talking to her because of me. If she gets to know the reason, she wouldn't leave me alive. I insisted him to answer her calls but he didn't respond and pretended like I was not talking. I felt guilty for spoiling their relationship.

My mother in-law thought that her insisting Shiva about the second marriage was the reason for his anger but she had no idea that I added fuel to his already burning anger. I shouldn't have told him about his mother's cruel behaviour knowing that he hates child abuse. I didn't know why I brought up the things of past. I should have let the bygones be bygones.

Author's POV

After Shiva and Meenakashi went to Hyderabad, Sudha did all the chores while her mother in-law helped her. Even the kids seemed normal and they happily had their dinner but when it was the time for them to sleep, they couldn't sleep as they  missed their mother and slept with their great-grandmother to comfort themselves.

The next day, the kids woke up but couldn't stay strong any longer and started crying for their mother. They refused to go to school. They didn't eat anything from the morning and cried for their mother. Their grandmother and great-grandmother tried to calm them down but they didn't listen to her.

As the kids didn't eat the entire day, they called Shiva in the night and informed him about the children's behaviour. Even though, Shiva was not pleased with the kid's behaviour, he knew that it's inevitable as it's their first time living without their mother and as he hated seeing his children cry, he asked his brother to bring them to Hyderabad the next day. The children were happy that they could meet their parents and happily ate their dinner. Everyone in the house were relieved as the children stopped crying.

Meenakshi's mother in-law was waiting for the weekend as she wanted to talk to Shiva. Shiva stopped answering her calls and she was hurt by his silence. She knew that silence has always been his way of expressing anger. She still remembers that he didn't speak to his father for few months after forcing him to marry Meena. She was afraid that the same would happen to her. If she had any slightest idea that Shiva had a soft spot for Meena, she would have never brought up the second marriage topic. She really regretted bringing up that topic.

Meena's mother in-law was cooking and the rest of the chores were done by Sudha and she was tired of the chores. She thought that Meena would come back after knowing that the children were crying but didn't expect the children too would leave. She was eagerly waiting for Meena to come back.

Sudha fought with Surya and said, "Did you marry me to make me a maid? You promised that you would treat me like a queen. Which queen works day and night like me? I can't work so much. You know that my parents never let me lift a finger. Do something or else I'll go to my parent's house."

Surya loved Sudha with all his heart and seeing her upset made him restless. She was always a happy and bubbly girl and seeing tears in her eyes made him feel guilty. To lift her mood he went to a resort in a neighbouring town along with Sudha informing his family that one of Sudha's friends was getting married and they needed to attend the wedding.

After Sudha and Surya were gone, Meenakashi's mother in-law was the one taking care of all the chores. She was able to cook but all the other chores became impossible for her. Seeing her daughter in-law struggle, Savithramma tried to help her and in the process to help her, she tried to wash the piled up clothes and when hanging them on a rope in the sunlight, she fell down.

Hearing her shout, her son and daughter in-law came and helped her. They scolded her for trying to work and immediately took her to a nearby hospital and the doctors informed that it was not a big deal as she was a strong lady but asked her to take rest and not move for few days.

The couple didn't inform their children about their grandmother as they didn't want them to worry. Rajaiah stopped going to the farm and did all the chores while his wife cooked and helped her mother in-law as she was asked to take a bed rest.

Rajaiah was worried about his farm but only went once a day to the farm to monitor the work happening there.
He was upset that his younger son and daughter in-law left them alone and just wished his elder daughter in-law to come home. She was the best daughter in-law anyone could ask for.

He saw how she grew up to be a responsible woman from an innocent little girl. He knew that he hurt her by stopping her education but he believed that girls don't need to study and didn't understand why Sudha was always very serious and ambitious about her studies. If it's in his hands, he would stop Sudha from studying and mould her into an ideal daughter in-law.

He didn't like how his wife and mother always praised Sudha for being educated. He always believed that a woman's prime responsibility should be her family and the only place she should rule is the kitchen.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.