Coquette vs nymphet

The past few months I have seen many posts and videos on the topic of coquette and nymphet not being the same aesthetic of style, but somehow they're linked together. Let's talk about it!

I have mentioned a few times that the word "nymphet" comes from Vladimir Nabokov who wrote the book Lolita. I will not get into to much about that so if you need more information read my first few chapters.

Nymphet style came pretty popular around the time of Tumblr. Of course because of the words Original roots coming from Lolita { a book about abuse} Tumblr quickly shut the Nymphet tag completely down. Many of the original nymphets Nylijah & Schyler decided to change the word "nymphet." Into the word "coquette."

Coquette would start a newer, safer and more inclusive version of nymphet but still keeping its original roots. Coquette would take the style, and aesthetic from Dolores Haze from Lolita but would be separated from Humbert {the abuser from Lolita} Coquette went strong for a while till the Coquette become much like the negativity from the Nymphet tag.

  The original nymphets tried changing the name from nymphet to coquette to doelette but nothing seemed to get rid of the racism, homophobia, fat shaming and glorying abuse. After a while they decided to just use all those names to explain the style of Dolores Haze. Schyler decided to make a tag calling it "nokinknymphet." Separating young nymphets from abusive older men, and inappropriate behaviors.

Around about one year ago coquette has skyrocketed into a newer aesthetic. Because of Coquette already being used for another word to explain nymphet fashion the two style have merged. The new coquette community have stolen the word from Nymphets and have become a original nymphets nightmare. The new coquette community have taken a safe place and became worse than Nymphet tumblr days by not only glorying abuse but glorying Eating disorders, Depression, self harm, Modeling and another major illness and things that cause trauma. They even made coquette a place to fat-shame, a place for racism, homophobia as well as bullying.

Coquette have changed Nymphet from being free spirited, vintage, girly to a place to cause harm.

So what are the differences, you ask? Let's look at some pictures-

Newer Coquette is a style founded on the inspiration of 90's/early 20's models. Many of these models suffered from anorexia or bulimia which these girls idolize. The post things about finding drugs cool, or thinking having a BMI over 15 is wrong. Here are some posts I found under the coquette tag. -

 -