Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Ning An and He Xin arrived at the training ground pretty early and ran into Xu Yu Sheng. After giving each other a friendly greeting, they each went off to do their own thing.

Not long afterwards, Fu Ke and Derek also arrived. Seeing Ning An and He Xin doing basic training, they decided not to disturb them. After a while, Ning An decided to take a rest and walked over towards them.

“Wow, Fu Ke, you’re really strong.” Fu Ke was currently lifting weights, and they seemed to be quite heavy. Ning An carefully poked it with his finger.

“I’m just so-so.” Fu Ke placed the barbell back on the rack. “Did you finish training?”

“No, I’m just taking a break.” Ning An raised the water bottle in his hand. “Right, I brought some things for you and Derek. I left them outside.”

“Then I’ll thank you in advance. Did you rest well during your vacation?”

“It was okay. I feel like I got a lot fatter, so I need to strengthen my training today. I also have to catch up on the lessons I missed. Now that I mention it, why are there so many people in the training ground today?”

“It’s because we’ll have our final exams soon. Some people are making a last minute effort.” Fu Ke looked at those people with disdain.

“Right, the final exam……” Ning An’s face scrunched up again. “My goal is to get first place in the exam.”

“Well, you’ll do well if you work hard for it. There’s no need to worry.” Fu Ke even wanted to smooth out the frown on his face. Compared with when he had just entered the school, Ning An’s progress could be said to be huge. “Just do your best.”

Ning An thought of his scholarship and was a little fired up. “Fu Ke, have you participated in mental training before?”

“I did the test when I first entered the school. I’m already above the standard needed to drive a mecha, and I also don’t intend to operate a starship, so I didn’t participate in this training.”

The majority of second year students would choose to become mecha soldiers. Because of the large number of applicants, the selection criterion was set very high. Hence, most of the accepted applicants were inherently superior Alphas.

We’re sorry for MTLers or people who like using reading mode, but our translations keep getting stolen by aggregators so we’re going to bring back the copy protection. If you need to MTL please retype the gibberish parts.
“Qts? Gb sbe kjca ab yfmbwf j wfmtj rbivlfg? Yg vglnf j rajgrtlq?” Me Bf rjk atja Rlcu Cc tjvc’a rjlv jcsatlcu jcv atbeuta atja tf tjv tla atf wjgx. “Ktfs’gf ybat nfgs vloolmeia ab vb.”

“Rb, la’r cba atja. P ralii tjnfc’a oluegfv bea ktja ab mtbbrf sfa.” Ufgtjqr tf’ii fcv eq mtbbrlcu ab dela rmtbbi jcv jqqis obg yerlcfrr rmtbbi. “Pa’r wbgf lwqbgajca obg wf ab obmer bc atf olcji fzjw.”

After all, the scholarship was worth a lot of money.

In Fu Ke’s eyes, Ning An’s behaviour was just like he urgently wanted to prove himself. It was very clear that he hadn’t read the book he gave him. Was it because he wasn’t interested, or that he was too busy and didn’t have time to read it?

Looking at the things on the table that Ning An had given him, Fu Ke felt that it should be the latter. The final sprint at the end of the semester was a very busy period. Military academy was no place for an Omega; he would surely understand soon enough.

*****

Fu Yue had basically determined that Fu Ke had found herself a sister-in-law. She definitely wouldn’t be able to get anything out of Fu Ke, so she chose an indirect route.