Chapter 6

The group arrived at the midtown rooftop, Arya noticing Peter sitting alone, his head in his hands. Arya, along with MJ and Ned quickly walked over to peter, wrapping their arms around the teary-eyed boy. 

"...I'm sorry," MJ whispered, pulling away slightly.

"Peter, there's... there's some people here," Arya whispered, glancing up towards the two peters who were currently hidden behind the tower post.

Arya watched as the two older Peter's swung down in front of them, her peter taking a protective stance in front of his friends. Arya watched as Peter's face distorted into a face of realization, the realization that the two men were him.

"Sorry... about May." the eldest Peter said, sympathy filling his voice.

"Yeah, sorry. I've got some understanding of what it--"

"No, no, no... please don't tell me that you know what I'm going through." Peter snapped, cutting the other one-off. 

"Peter..." Arya started, finding his tone a bit harsh, although she couldn't blame him.

"She's gone. And it's all my fault. She died for nothing." Peter announced, his voice full of disdain. "So I'm gonna do what I should have done in the first place." he continued, reaching for the magic box that was currently placed in MJ's hands.

"Peter--" the eldest started before abruptly being cut off by the youngest.

"Please, don't! You don't belong here, either of you. So I'm sending you home. Those other guys are from your worlds, right?" He spat, glancing between the two. "So you deal with it. And if they Die, if you kill them... that's on you. It's not my problem. I don't care anymore. I'm done."

Arya tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she watched Peter reach for the box, which MJ protectively held back. She watched as MJ gave him a glance, pleading with him to give the men a chance.

"My uncle Ben was killed. It was my fault." The oldest peter announced, his voice filled with sorrow.

"I lost..." Peter started, his tone growing soft as he choked on his words.

Arya looked up at the boy, her eyebrows furrowing with sympathy. She watched as his eyes filled with tears, taking a deep breath before continuing. 

"I lost Gwen. My, um... she was my MJ. I couldn't save her. I'm never gonna be able to forgive myself for that. But I carried on, tried to, um... try to keep going, try to keep being the uh... that "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man," 'cause I knew that's what she would have wanted. But at some point, I just-- I stopped pulling my punches. I got rageful. I got bitter. I just don't want you to end up like... like me." 

Arya chewed on her lip, tears brimming in her eyes. In a way, she almost felt closer to him. She knew what it felt like to lose someone. Arya had lost her mother, her best friend. It took a toll on her, she felt angry, rageful, in the same way, the two had described. She observed him as he spoke, noticing the way his eyebrows furrowed and his face fell in defeat and anger over the girl that he had truly loved.

Arya's sympathetic glance quickly turned to the other Peter as he began his speech.

"The night Ben died, I hunted down the man who I thought did it. I wanted him dead. I got what I wanted. It didn't make it better. It took me a long time to learn to get through that darkness." He spoke, his eyes glossed in tears.

Arya watched as her Peter's head drooped slightly, regretful of the way he had spoken to them. "I want to kill him. I want to tear him apart. I can still hear her voice in my head." He began, his voice laced with hatred before switching to a calmer tone,  "Even after she was hurt, she said to me that we did the right thing. She told me that, "With great power--"

"--Comes great responsibility." The eldest finished.

Arya felt a small smile creep up onto her face as she looked towards MJ, who looked back at her with a nod. She stepped back towards her two friends, allowing the 3 Peter's to connect.

"wait, what? How do you know that?" He asked, glancing between the three.

"Uncle Ben said it."

"The night he died," 

Arya watched in awe as the three boys connected, feeling each other's pain. Despite coming from different universes, they were all Peter parker, the same old ordinary Peter Parker. The Peter Parker who felt happiness, sadness, and anger.

Arya took a step towards the three, "Pete, maybe May didn't die for nothing," she announced, placing a supportive hand on his shoulder before glancing over to the other Peter, who was already looking back at her.

...

AN

chapter 6! I hope you enjoyed it. I honestly don't know how long this book is gonna be because it's only chapter 6 but the plot had to move fast so we could get Peter into the mix.