Chapter 17

Peter and Strange were stood on top of the scaffolding, Strange struggling to perform a spell.

"What's happening?" Peter asked anxiously, surveying his surroundings.

"They're starting to come through, and I can't stop 'em!" Strange replied, an evident strain in his voice.

Peter let out a frustrated sigh, "There's gotta be something we can Do! Can't you just cast the spell again? But the original way, before I screwed it up." He suggested, racking his brain for solutions to the problem he caused. 

"We're too late for that. They're here! They're here because of you." Strange exclaimed, causing Peter to fully realize what must be done.

Peter stood silent for a moment, he knew what had to be done he just didn't want to believe it. "What if everyone forgot who I was?" He told strange, his tone completely flat and serious.

"What?!" Strange yelled, stopping to look at the boy.

"They're coming here because of me, right? Because I'm Peter Parker? So cast a new spell, but this time make everyone forget who Peter Parker is. Make everyone forget... me."

"No." Strange said flatly, even if he didn't outwardly show it, he loved Peter and he didn't want to lose him.

"But it would work, right?" Peter urged.

"Yeah, it would work. But you gotta understand that would mean that everyone who knows and loves you, we..." he explained, his face clear with sadness, "We'd have no memory of you. It would be as though you never existed."

Peter looked at him, his eyes glossing over in tears, "...I know." he explained. "Do it."

Strange looked at the boy for a moment before nodding slowly, his heart breaking for the boy.

"You better go and say your goodbyes. You don't have long" he explained solemnly

"Thank you, sir." Peter gushed, turning to leave.

"Call me Stephen."

"Thank you, Stephen," Peter replied, moved by the gesture.

"Yeah... still feels weird." Strange laughed.

"I'll see you around." Peter smiled, his heart broken as he webs away.

"So long, kid." He choked out, his voice filled with raw emotion.

Strange raised his hands, beginning the spell.

...

Arya and Peter were still sat on the scaffolding when she noticed Peter frantically web over to where the eldest Peter was standing.

"Peter, we should probably go down there, see what happening?" Arya asked, her stomach dropping. She knew what was going to happen and she feared it greatly.

Peter looked over to him with the same raw emotion evident in his eyes, he knew too. "Yeah" he nodded, "Yeah we should,"

Arya smiled slightly, a tear escaping her eye as she wrapped her arms around Peter's neck as he webbed them down to where her friend was standing.

Her best friend smiled at them as she landed next to where he stood.

"So you two huh?," he asked, trying to lighten the mood.

Arya nodded, slightly embarrassed, while Peter stood next to her proudly.

Her best friend let out a laugh before his solemn face quickly returned.

"Hey! Uh... I think this is it. I think you're about to go home."

"Okay." the eldest replied nodding.

Arya looked towards the boy beside her, their connecting to share a sad knowing glance.

The two didn't exchange words, just a knowing nod as they gripped each other's hands tightly.

"Um, look, I, uh... thank you! I just want to-- I want you-- I want to tell you that... I really don't know how to say this, I--" Her friend tried to explain.

"Peter..."

"You know. It's what we do." 

"Yeah. It's what we do. Um... Right, I gotta find Ned and MJ." he explained before looking towards Arya, "I need to talk to you to so come over quickly after you say goodbye," he explained before engulfing the two Peter's in a hug and webbing over to where his girlfriend and Ned were standing.

After a moment, Arya and Peter glanced towards each other, Arya's cheeks now drenched in tears.

"It's time huh?" She asked, a sad laugh leaving her throat.

"it's time," he nodded.

...

AN

AHHH its coming :(