Chapter 16

After the two had pulled away Arya looked down with a blush as Peter smiled down at her, "Now, tell me about you,"

"What do you wanna know?" Arya asked, mocking his earlier question.

"Everything," Peter mocked, smiling wide.

Arya let out a small laugh as her lips curled into a smile, "Alright well," She started. "I never grew up with a dad, he left before I was born," She told him. "He left as soon as he knew my mom was pregnant so I never actually met him,"

"I'm sorry," He told her sympathetically 

Arya shook her head, "No, no, it's okay, I never knew him anyway so I was never really sad." She explained, "I met Peter when I was 5 and we were immediately best friends, I grew up with him and he and May were like my family,"

Peter pondered for a moment, "Was, was there ever any..?" He started, looking almost embarrassed.

Arya looked up at him, "Was there anything between us?" she clarified, in which Peter gave her a nod.

Arya shook her head, "Oh god no, he was always like a brother to me, besides, we both vowed to never like each other like that when we were like 10 or something." she told him, laughing slightly at the memory, "Besides, I could never see with him anyone besides MJ, I mean they are literally perfect for each other," She said, a smile creeping onto her face and she thought about her friends. "Speaking of them, Peter and I met Ned in middle school and MJ in high school and we became close instantly and we were like this little friend group,"

Peter watched her as she spoke, listening intently, making sure not to miss a single thing she said. 

"Uhm, what else," She mumbled to herself for a moment before speaking up again, "I lost my mom a couple of years ago, I don't know if Peter told you about the Avengers and the wars and the aliens but she was caught up in the fight and she was killed," she explained, tears slightly brimming in her eyes. 

Peters face filled with sympathy. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and wiped the stray tear from her eye with his other thumb. 

Arya smiled at the gesture, leaning her head on his shoulder as the two sat in silence together, looking out at the view. The two didn't know how much time they would have left so they just decided to enjoy the moment together, basking in each other's presence. 

...

After a while of silence, a thought brimmed in her head, "Hey Peter?" she spoke softly to the boy, looking up at him with the corner of her eyes. 

"Mhm?,"

Arya's smile slightly disappeared as she pondered on her thoughts momentarily, "Uhm," she started. "What's gonna happen when you go home?"

Arya watched as Peter's face slightly fell in the same way her's had, "Oh, Uhm" He mumbles, pondering his thoughts for a moment, "I guess I never thought about that,"

"Yeah, neither did I," she replied letting out a small sigh.

Peter grabbed one of her hands from her lap, intertwining it with his own, "We don't have to think about that right now," he told her, trying to lighten the mood.

Arya looked up at him, removing her head from his shoulder and turning to look at him, "But Peter we probably should," she told him, "You can't stay here and I can't go with you," 

"I know," he told her, his voice laced with disappointment.

The two stared at each other solemnly, they knew this was the end. 

...

AN

Chapter 16! probably last full fluff chapter uh oh but hope you enjoyed it! don't forget to vote!