Chapter 7

The group arrived in the chemistry lab, the sextet gathering around the table.

"Okay so, uh... Connors, Marko, Dillon, and um..." Peter started, hesitating slightly. Arya took notice of the way he glanced towards the Goblins cure.

"Uh, look, I think that I can repair the devices for Dillon and Marko, but the others--"

"Oh, I got Connors. I've already cured him once, so no big deal." The middle Peter said, his tone peaking with confidence.

Arya glanced towards the boy, her mouth upturned in a smile. She found his cockiness quite cute.

"I think I can make an antiserum for Dr. Osborn. Been thinking about it a long time." The eldest Peter announced before taking notice of the youngest's distasteful look. "We gotta cure all of 'em, right?"

"Right" Peter replied, nodding slightly.

The group of 6 quickly dispersed around the lab, chemicals being grabbed from the shelves, bunsen burned igniting, and gloves snapping on. Arya sat beside Peter who'd earlier saved her. She decided she wanted to learn more about him, rather, the one he lost. 

She watched him carefully for a moment, examining the way he dropped chemicals into the tube, mixing them carefully. Peter felt her eyes on him but stayed silent.

Arya tucked a hair behind her ear before deciding to break the silence, "Peter?"

Peters eyes traveled down to meet hers for a moment before glancing back over to his test tube, "yeah?"

"tell me about her," she stated, watching his movements.

Peter glanced back to her, his eyes furrowing slightly in confusion, "What?"

"Gwen, tell me about her," she reiterated, "you spoke of her fondly,"

Peter's felt his heart twinge, not for Gwen, but for the girl sat in front of him. She didn't even know him, yet she cared so much for him. "I, uhm, well..she was smart. I mean really smart. She had an internship for the biggest science companies, and she got a scholarship to one of the most prestigious schools in England. She was planning on going there, well before.." He started before his voice caught in his throat suddenly.

Arya took notice of his distress, placing her hand gently on his. She felt him relax under her touch. "I know what it's like, I lost my mom a few years ago, I was rageful, just like you. It took a while but I learnt to accept it." she told him, her voice soft. "And Peter, Gwen sounds like a wonderful girl, I know she'd be proud of what you're doing now,"

Peter glanced to the girl, nodding as a sad smile arose upon his face. "Yeah, I'd like to think she would be, thank you. And I'm sorry about your mom, I'm sure she was great too," he told the brunette, giving her the same look of comfort he had received from her.

Arya sent him a small smile, reluctantly removing her hand from his. "I'll let you get back to work now,"

Peter watched over her fondly as she walked away, heading back towards the youngest Peter. As he turned back to the test tubes placed in front of him, he replayed their conversation in his head. He couldn't seem to understand why this girl who shouldn't care about him, cared so much. Peter hadn't felt this cared for in a while, in fact, he couldn't remember the last time he had. After losing Gwen, he had given up on love entirely, believing no one could care for him the way she had, but Arya was different. Arya made him feel cared for again, and that utterly confused him.  

...

AN

shorter chapter but yk hope you enjoyed