Seven

Yes, there stood a high school boy in the girls' restroom - not much of a surprise. I ran my fingers through my hair, gazing at my reflection in the mirror, which was smeared with lipstick and, I could only assume, black eyeliner. All around me, there was a cacophony of awkward giggles and high school girl laughter as two girls hastily exited the bathroom. The temptation to flee and leave Sarah alone with her pregnancy test was strong, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Sarah, you pregnant?" I inquired, rapping my knuckles against the stall door. The door swung open moments later, and Sarah emerged, flashing me a smile.

"Relax, superboy. These tests take at least five minutes for the results," she said, winking at me. She then retrieved one of the tests from the metal trash bin and extended it toward me. "Would you like to hold one, just in case?" Her grin widened as she playfully teased me with her pregnancy test. With a sigh and an eye roll, I reluctantly accepted it, just as another young girl entered the restroom. Her eyes widened, and she let out a small squeak before hurrying back out the door.

"Maybe you shouldn't be in here, Robin?" Sarah winked at me, closing the door and locking it.

"I'm not leaving you alone while Mia's at school, Pippi," I replied. "By the way, Robin doesn't have any superpowers."

"I know, genius. You can check the test now. It should be fine."

"Do you want to check together, or..." I was incredibly nervous. What if Sarah was pregnant? What would we do then?

"Just do it!" She snapped. I hesitated before finally glancing down at the test. I held my breath, my heart pounding.

Oh, fuck, "Do two lines mean you're pregnant or not?" I asked in a panic. She peered at the two positive tests in her hand.

"It means our parents are going to kill us," she replied, pressing the two tests into my chest. I was in trouble. I had no idea how to break the news to my parents. Sam, in particular, would probably ground me indefinitely, and my mom's reaction was unpredictable. At least I didn't have to face Alexander with this mess. Just the thought of it gave me nightmares for weeks.

"Who should we tell first? My dad or yours?" Sarah inquired, stepping out of the stall. I took her hand and pulled her close, our eyes locking as we both took deep breaths.

"We can tell both of them. We're neighbors, for fuck's sake," I suggested before she interrupted me, pulling my head towards hers. Our lips met briefly, and then she pulled away, a mischievous smile on her face.

"I like that plan, super daddy." She pulled me back into a kiss just as the bathroom lights began to flicker and then suddenly went out.

Son of a bitch.

Outside the bathroom, there were various reactions from the students. Some screamed and cried, while a group of boys raced by, cheering and chanting, "Long live the supers!"

"Noah, we've got a problem," Sarah observed, her gaze fixed just beyond the bathroom door. We most certainly had a significant problem. Sarah was pregnant, and I was going to be a father. What if I wasn't cut out for this? After all, I had a dark past with innocent lives on my conscience. Was I ready for this level of commitment? I guess I had no choice now. She was pregnant.

A knock on the door startled me, and Bryce, Mark, and James poked their heads inside. "Is she pregnant?" Mark asked.

"Does three positive pregnancy tests and a morning of me throwing up count?" Sarah retorted.

"Wow! Are you going to tell Dad?" Bryce asked, bubbling with excitement.

"Yeah, I was planning to talk to him tonight," I replied.

"I'll inform my dad too," Sarah added. Wonderful. The reality of my situation was sinking in as the lights flickered again. The principal peered into the restroom, and I quickly hid the tests behind my back.

"Are you boys going to do something about those lights?" Principal Gates inquired.

"Yes, of course," I replied, swallowing my pride. "We'll take care of it," I said.

"Good, because we can't run the school without proper lighting."

"Understood," Mark declared. "We'll have them working again shortly." The lights flickered again before finally stabilizing. "You're welcome."

"Excellent. Back to business. The police want to speak with you two before school starts," Principal Gates informed us, and we nodded in acknowledgment.

Principal Gates walked away, and I let out a sigh of relief, retrieving the pregnancy tests and staring at them blankly. My goodness, I was going to be a father. This was a massive problem. What on earth would I do with a child? Especially if it had inherited my superpowers? How does one even care for a child? I supposed I had a few more months to figure that out.