Ch.3

The dinner was a great success. Not only because Mrs Grice was an excellent cook, but also because the news of Mr Grice's return to service cheered everyone up and gave hope of further prosperity. But how could that be? In the beginning, it was said that Mr Grice left the service for his dream years ago, but now the opposite is described - he is glad to return while leaving the business as a hobby. The answer is simple: everything comes in time, it's not worth going into details and finding the pitfalls just yet, especially the perfect Silverstone doesn't like to show the other side of the picture. Everything will come out a little later. For now, we must concentrate on the wonderful dinner of an equally wonderful woman, Alice Grice.

Alice Grice worked as a programmer for a leading IT company. The woman adored her job. And not just for the opportunity to work at home; she loved what she did and did what she loved. It was similar to Mr. Grice. The woman was also an excellent cook and always delighted her husband and daughter with delicious meals.

All in all, if you look at the Grice family, you can say that they are completely up to all standards of excellence. They are one. The perfect whole of the perfect Silvertown suburb.

After dinner, Erica helped her parents clear the table and went to her room on the second floor.

A word or two about the Grice house. The lovely 'gingerbread' house was located at 1054 Side Street, which was on the very outskirts of the suburbs, but even so, getting to work, or the market, or the salon, or L.City was very convenient. The white house really looked gingerbread. It was quite spacious in appearance but cute at the same time. The same pretty flowers along the pathway resembled a wave leading to the entrance, the grass on the lawn was bright green and one wanted to touch it or, better yet, lay on it and make a grass angel. This perfect look of the site was achieved through the work of the whole family. Each member contributed something different. Although the professionalism of Mrs Bluck and her perfect site was a far cry from the Grice family. To be honest, not really, it's just that Dorothy Bluck's site and home was an example of Silverstown suburbia, so it's not worth much publicity for the Grice house.

A little tour of the gingerbread house itself. So, here you enter the site, walk along the avenue of pretty flowers and here you cross the very threshold of the house and face the grey door.

Then you enter a spacious hallway. At the front, you see a staircase leading up to the second floor and a small storeroom. Also, if you walk forward, you come to a small but cozy kitchen. To the right of the main entrance is the study room and to the left is the living room. From the living room, you can access the kitchen. And from the kitchen to the backyard. We'll come back to that a bit later.

A spacious hallway. At the front, you see a staircase leading up to the second floor. On the second floor, there are four rooms along a spacious corridor: Mrs and Mr Grice's bedroom, Erika's room, the guest room, and the bathroom. The first floor, by the way, also has a bathroom. It should be noted that the entire interior of the house is all a classic style, and most of it is in gentle light colors and shades.

Backyard. A true paradise for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. As the house is on the outskirts, there are only neighbours "next door", so you can run out on the back porch and run, run, run along with the trees and fields. And if you run like that for about 10 minutes, you can even make it to a small lake and end up on the other side of the Green Street Line.

As a child, Erika loved to do this, particularly in the evenings after dinner, especially on days when she didn't have to go to school or on weekends. She would run to the lake, sit on the edge of the wooden bridge, and sit for hours looking at the lights of the houses on the opposite shore. She would try to see something, and sometimes it seemed to her that something was trying to see her. An hour or two could pass like that. Time would dissolve into space during such sessions and she did not want to leave, but the sound of the beeper reminder told her it was time to go back.