1

Tanya's POV

Life is a game, and just like every game, obstacles arise with each new level you attain.
It takes only the patient and consistent one to master the game and keep trying because trust me, there'll be a series of failures and restrictions that'll make you want to give up.

Hope this message gets across to everyone out there.
The End

"Finally," I released a sigh of relief as I put an end to the most recent romance book I'd been writing.

"Time for a long break." I grinned after I saved the word document and rose to my feet, shutting down the MacBook. I glanced at the grandfather clock stuck to the wall opposite me and wasn't surprised to see the hands indicate it was 5:13 pm. Thankfully, I had enough time to treat myself to a nice dinner of spaghetti and meatballs.

Shifting the wooden chair backward, I safely secured my spectacles in its casing as my emerald eyes took a sweep of the mahogany desk to make sure nothing was amiss.

I then ran my fingers into my brunette strands and stretched my lips in a smile at the semblance of order I always tried to maintain in the makeshift library. Noting that my job there was done, I snatched up my phone and walked barefooted atop the wooden boards to the door at the left end of the room.

Switching off the light that caused the walls of bookshelves and wooden furniture to be enveloped in the nearing dusk, I banged the door after and proceeded into the well-lit living room.

There I placed my phone on one of the four brown leather couches that blended in with the white walls, flat-screen TV, a cute fireplace, and maroon carpet and crossed a distance, till I arrived at the kitchen entrance and strolled toward the cupboards.

I folded the arms of the black cashmere sweater I was donning atop grey sweatpants and threw my hair into a ponytail. Stretching on the tip of my toes, I pulled open the one in the middle and fetched a pack of spaghetti.

Moving around the kitchen, I got out the other ingredients needed and captured the knife and cutting board before I collected two balls of onions, and placed them all on the counter beside the unopened pack of pasta.

In my bid to begin chopping the onions, I recalled I hadn't retrieved the meatballs yet. Resting the utensils for a second, I roamed to the fridge and tugged it ajar. My sight scanned its contents only to come up short.

"Fuck, I thought I had some left," I muttered under my breath and clinked the object shut.

"What's the time, what's the time," I chanted and shuffled to the living room, where I grabbed my phone. "6:03 pm, can I make it?"

Of course, you can't, my subconscious answered for me.

"Yes, I can," I argued in a whisper, "it's barely 6 pm, besides, it's a 30-minute walk into town."

Yeah, a 30-minute walk across the woods by 6 pm in the spring is, a great choice.

"I can make it home before it's half past 7, heck this isn't my first time," I declared, my mind made up as I plucked the keys from the dining table and grasped my grey coat, heading for the door as I slid my feet into a pair of black boots.

Let's hope it won't be your last. Is murmured to my brain as I snatched a torchlight and put my phone into one of my bogus pockets.

^^^^^^

"My day is made by the sight of your beautiful face," the bald fifty-something-year-old man announced at my entry into one of the petty shops that filled the small town.