11

Tanya's POV

I twisted on the bed and groaned when I again felt the space. Getting conscious, I rubbed the sleep off my lids, my eyes taking in the surroundings as I glared at his side that was annoyingly well made.

"Dude needs to learn to stop disappearing in the mornings," I grumbled in irritation thus that had been a reoccurring event for the past week I'd been there.

It was always like that, he wasn't by me whenever I woke and I always ended up spending the day alone. We only meet at dinner and then go into bed for the night. I knew he was busy with alpha duties, especially with the new information that reached us three days ago that vampires were spotted close to the Moonville border by the patrol guards.

To make matters worse the elders which I found out Ralph and Arthur were among were still against the idea of me a human being their Luna, except for Ralph of course.

During my little stay, I'd gathered some knowledge of this world I had come to live in, and with time I was gradually understanding the ways of the people. Abigail and Dalia had been helpful and I hadn't seen Courtney the girl who I talked back at the week ago, around.

My normal days now consisted of getting up, having breakfast brought to me, eating, and getting washed up before going to spend my day in the library. My laptop was stationed there and with the fast and reliable wifi, the place had, attended to some work before talking to my friends and parents on the rickety telephone thus Dante hadn't reimbursed my cellphone yet.

Sighing at the start of another boring day, I threw my legs down from the bed and was a little surprised to see a tray that would undoubtedly contain my breakfast. I shifted my gaze to the clock and saw I roused later than usual which explained the tray hence I usually woke by 9 am.

I strolled barefooted to pick it up and returned to the bed. I had the bedspread changed to a one in the red shade after I had a trivial argument with Dante about it. Discarding the covers of the dishes, I was confronted with the sight of omelets and bread toast with a jar of orange juice.

My back on the headboard, I enjoyed my meal which was once again delicious as the cook never disappointed in her food. Two days ago I had to go meet with the hand behind the meal and was in shock to see a young lady of 23, though, after some questions it got revealed that she was 56 years with three pups and a handsome mate.

Done eating, I carried the tray and strolled to the door, and knocked. It got opened by Tony who was the guard always stationed outside and handed it to him before shutting it after.

Waltzing to my closet, I selected a pair of black jeans and a white loose t-shirt to wear and placed them on the mattress. After, I got rid of my robe and nightie which was the same design as the pink one but in a nude color.

I grabbed a towel and went to have a bath in the tub where I let the bubbles and water relax my bones as I scrubbed away the dizziness of the night.

Returning to the room, I got dressed and packed my hair in a ponytail, and exited the room. Fully dressed, I strode alone in the top floor passageway, Abigail not present to give me company.

I wasn't angry hence her absence was justified as she informed me the previous day she'd be visiting the pack hospital for a check-up. She claimed she'd been feeling weird this past week and so I advised her to get herself looked at soon to gauge the cause.

Proving I knew my way around now, I arrived at the library in one piece and proceeded into the space, locking the barrier behind me. My sandal-clad feet made no noise on the marble tiles as I strolled to the desk and took the comfy rolling seat that had become mine.