5

Tanya's POV

At my signal, Abigail pushed the door ajar and gave way for me to waddle in. I did with her following behind, as surprise dawned on me at the space in my vision.

The room was thrice the size of the library I had back in my cottage and twice the one I had back in my apartment in the city. My eyes took in the floor to ceiling shelves lined with every genre of book.

I gaped in awe at the historian design of the area, the mahogany shelves and furniture glistening as if carved recently. I was so lost in my exploration as my hands glid across the series of books that I didn't see him till he spoke.

"Leave us," his thick tone uttered in dismissal drawing my attention to the direction of the sound. My head turned swiftly to see him reclined on a chair, his head cocked to the side and his focus solely on me.

The noise of the door shutting alerted my mind to Abigail's departure and made me know that I was all alone with a man I knew nothing about for the second time in six hours.

"Sit," he commanded and pointed at the chair opposite him, the wide desk in between. Mutely I obeyed, slightly scared and tingly at the same time from the way his gaze burned my skin.

I trudged gradually on the thick brown carpet till I gripped the arm of the seat and rounded the corner to settle in his sight. It became my turn to ogle him as I was not able to fight the realization that this man who was said to be my mate and the Alpha of this pack was one of the finest specimen of the male gender.

We both started at each other for what was supposed to be a minute as I observed his bronzed arms and biceps made visible by the the black tanktop he seemed to have on. From my position I wasn't permitted to see what he wore underneath and I wasn't ready to give him the pleasure of noticing me checking him out.

"I take it you've eaten." He raised a brow when I decided to act sassy by crossing my legs.

"Yes, I did," I admitted, glad my words didn't come out shaky.

"How was it?" He inquired, eying me.

"I won't lie, it was delicious," I confessed truthfully and ran my fingers atop my knee.

"Good," he mumbled and waved his right hand around the room. "I figured you'll be more comfortable here, being a writer and all."

"That didn't sound weird at all, seeing I never told you I was one," I snorted.

"I explained it to you, you are my mate, it's only right I know these things." He shrugged like it was no big deal.

"What else do you know?" I jabbed. "Go on, tell me. What is my favorite color?"

"Maroon red," he answered without missing a beat and sat up, his lips curling as he continued. "And I find that hot."

"You come across like you want to eat me up." I gulped, my nerves going haywire. I wasn't sure if that was because of the hike in sexual tension or the fact I was certain he wouldn't deny my statement.

"Frankly, I do," he smirked, proving me right. His eyes changed to deep grey as he whispered huskily "Every bit of you, till I have you writhing in my arms as I lay a mark on every inch of your creamy skin."

Fuck! That sounded hot.

"That is an inappropriate thing to say to someone you've just met," I uttered after I cleared my throat.

"Don't lie by claiming you didn't relish that." He bit his lip. "I can sense your body melting against your will."

"What did you invite me here for?" I blurted in query and feigned annoyance while all I felt was my pussy going wet. "Because I'm sure you didn't call me here to try and seduce me."