8

Tanya's POV

Fully dressed as the silk hugged my curves in the right places, I ambled beside Abigail who had become my escort in the few hours I'd known her, past the same staircase of earlier as we returned to the west wing.

"Why haven't we gone down there?" I inquired eying the people walking around in what I thought to be a vast hall used for meetings and declarations.

"The top floor as I told earlier is for the Alpha and his family, the floor below us where you woke is meant for the Beta and his family, the first floor is made for the elders, while the ground floor down there is where the guards and maids reside," she explained as my black pointy Zara heels clicked on the marble tiles.

"So you stay on the ground floor?" I scrunched my brows in inquiry thus that should be true hence she was my personal maid.

"No, I stay on the first floor, my mate is the chief guard," she blushed as she said this.

"Oooh." I wiggled my brows, a bit happy at our blooming friendship. "I'm happy it was you."

"I don't understand." She frowned as we strolled past the library and went farther into this part of the building.

"I meant, I wouldn't wish for a better personal maid," I confessed. "I know it's too soon to say hence I've barely known you for twenty-four hours but this is just how I feel."

"Okay." She flushed even more if that's possible as she spoke shyly. "I'm glad too that you are the one chosen to be his mate, this pack needs someone like you."

That statement caught me off guard but I couldn't say more as we arrived at the last door on this floor and it got pulled inwards signaling we enter.

As we did, I heard Abigail giggle and in curiosity searched for the reason only to sight the guard who opened the door wink at her. I realized he was her mate which was cliche thus he was the right person for her as I could sense his positive energy. He didn't look bad either with his full curly hair, brown eyes, thick brows, a pencil jaw, and dimples with a set of white teeth.

I saw why he was chosen as the chief guard too thus he had an imposing height and build, the bulky muscles threatening to tear the red vest he was donning atop black jeans.

A growl snapped me out from my gawking session as laughter ensured after, causing me to whip my head in the direction of the sound. I spotted Dante who was sitting at the head of a table glaring at me, his shoulders clad in a black long-sleeved shirt that had the two top buttons open, the seat at his right empty.

"It appears your mate was checking Clifford out," a woman spoke and I changed my focus to Dante's left where the female version of him was reclined, grey eyes, blonde strands with brown roots, cute cheeks, a straight nose, and pink bow lips. "And now she's doing the same to me."

My face turned red in embarrassment as I stood rooted in my spot not sure if I should take a step further. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

"Nonsense," the lady dismissed and stood to reveal the gold sequence dress she had on that put my maroon silk one to shame as she catwalked to me in black stilettos. "Come sit."

Dante didn't say anything and rather watched me with those brooding grey eyes of his that were darker than his sister's light ones.

"Sit," the said sister urged as she took my hand and dragged me to the empty seat on his right. "I'm Dalia, and this is my mate Victor."

As she blurted that, I got seated and gazed briefly at the man opposite me who was insanely handsome with black hair, black eyes, a crooked nose, a square jaw, and high cheekbones. He was dressed in a white crisp shirt that was tucked into black slacks which I spotted when he got up to push back Dalia's seat as she returned to his side.