13

Tanya's POV

After the evening chat with Dalia and Abigail, I was in my and Dante's room with a book in my hand. I could hardly concentrate on the story of Romeo and Juliet as my mind was occupied with questions.

Questions about who I really was and why I was chosen to be Dante's mate, the most feared Alpha in the whole of the werewolf world. Dalia somehow, along the line let it slip that I was in no way a normal human. It was revealed that the moon goddess had seen something in me.

It was either that or I was chosen for a purpose. A purpose that no one knew about and which hopefully would be revealed with time. Because of the thoughts swarming in my head, I decided to skip dinner.

Another reason for doing that was because I didn't want to face Dante yet, hopefully, when he'd return I'd be fast asleep hence he loved the game of not speaking to his mate except when necessary.

Sadly as if my mind summoned him, I heed a noise coming from the door, and seconds after the devil himself materialized in all his handsome glory. There was an unquestionable power in the way he walked and swayed those broad shoulders.

His face stoic and jaw sharp, he stopped at the end of the bed and gawked at me. Commanded by his stare I unhurriedly lowered the book I wasn't even reading to my lap and watched him as he unbuttoned his linen black long-sleeved shirt tucked into matching black slacks.

I struggled to remain unfazed by his bare chest and distinguished eight-pack as he slowly let the shirt loose from below his waist and dumped it on the side of his bed, his defined muscles rippling by the action.

"You weren't at dinner," he later spoke as I discreetly gulped, the sight of his bare upper half proving too much for my senses.

"And you are supposed to still be there, it's just-" I gazed at the clock and took the opportunity to shut my eyes for a millisecond to recollect my thoughts before I swerved back to him. "8:06 pm, or don't you have pressing matters to discuss with your Beta after eating?"

"I do," he answered in that deep voice of his and sauntered to my left, prompting my vision to follow his movements as he unhooked the Rolex from his wrist. "But I was ordered to leave."

"By your sister?" I lifted a brow knowing no one else was allowed to tell him what to do.

"Yes," he affirmed, and tilted his head to gape at me, provoking the earring he had on to glisten as it met with the light from the chandelier.

"She's a smart woman," I said when my suspicion was confirmed.

"So I've been told." He bobbed his head and trudged in the path of the bathroom, letting loose his belt. "Don't fall asleep, I'll be back in moments."

He closed the door after that and so I tried to return my focus to the book in my hand. Hopefully, I did and was getting into the story when he emerged. I was so immersed in it that I didn't look up which was partly my doing thus I knew I'd lose it if I caught sight of him in a towel.

"You can remove that book now, I'm decent," he announced, and I did as I was told to see him in grey sweatpants that hung low on his hips.

"How did you know?" I asked baffled.

"You were blushing." He smirked, his eyes filled with an emotion I couldn't place.

"Oh." I giggled shyly and looked away when he advanced towards the bed.

"Don't, I want to see you," he uttered and hooked his hand below my jaw, and turned my face to him, my breath hitching at the innocent touch. "That's better." He smiled as he sat down.