003 :: MALTHUSIAN THEORY.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER THREE...!

!

❝ MALTHUSIAN THEORY , SEASON FOUR ❞

"REID, we need a DOB on Prentiss." Penelope asked the man, as he walked into the office kitchen where the team was hanging out. The woman and her boyfriend, Kevin, were reading horoscopes from the newspaper, and Emily had made it clear she didn't believe in them whatsoever.

"Uh, 7:12am, October 12, 19–"

"Hey!" Prentiss stopped him.

"Libra, I should've known." Penelope shook her head, before reading the woman's horoscope from the newspaper, "A romantic opportunity may experience a slight hitch thanks to the pesky lunar influence, which could have you dipping into a rather chilly mood. If being demonstrative and warm is difficult, then neutralize this temporary cold front with a simple, but affectionate, gesture."

"I have a simple gesture." Emily placed her spoon in her coffee mug, leaving one of her hands free to flip off the team.

"Hey," JJ walked up to the group.

It was her first day back since her maternity leave. Jordan Todd, her replacement for the time being, had left almost immediately, claiming the job wasn't for her. Jennie didn't mind Todd, but she definitely was glad JJ was back.

"You guys ready to gather?"

"Well, look at you, Miss Thing. First day back, and you're all business." Derek cracked a smile at her, giving the woman a small salute, as both Rossi and Hotch came up to the group as well.

"Well, it's either five right in, or confront my separation anxiety."

"It's tough being away from him, huh?" Rossi asked her, referring to Henry, JJ's newly born.

As the blonde nodded, Garcia went to squeeze her hand for comfort, before she noticed a new ring on her finger.

"Oh, hey. That's new, isn't it?"