028 :: MESSAGES.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT...!

!

❝ MESSAGES , SEASON SEVEN ❞

❝ MESSAGES , SEASON
SEVEN ❞

"WILL you quit being so impatient?"

It was a new day, when Jennie stood in her father's kitchen, pouring herself some coffee, with her phone pressed against her ear. Her father and brother were currently sitting in the blanket fort the three made the night prior, being too focused on their own conversation to hear Jennie talk to Grayson on the phone.

"Wow," He sarcastically scoffed on the other line, "So I can't miss my girlfriend now?"

"You can." Jennie told him, placing the coffee pot back on it's base, "But when you're literally about to board a plane to see her, you don't need to keep calling every five minutes."

"Actually—" Grayson began nervously, rubbing the back of his neck, knowing his following words would cause a form of frustration for the girl, "I'm kinda already on the plane. We're about to take off."

"Oh my G— Dude!" Jennie groaned, rubbing a tired hand on her face, "Put your phone on airplane mode already!"

"Okay, okay!" He obliged quickly, "I'll see you in an hour."

"An hour." Jennie nodded.

It would be Jennie and Grayson's first time seeing each other after the boy's love-struck confession. The two had been in a long-distance relationship ever since, texting every night from their dorm rooms, and calling whenever they could. They finally found a time slot where they were both free for the weekend, which they were planning on spending in Quantico. Jennie had already arrived the day prior, and Grayson was about to board his flight.

There was a small pause, silence filling the call. That was before she could hear his signature smile form on his lips as he spoke, "I love you."

Even after dating for so long, Grayson still made Jennie blush.