017 :: HALLOWEEN.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN...!

!

❝ HALLOWEEN , SEASON SIX ❞

SIX ❞

    "HEY, JACK? JENNIE? Are you ready? We gotta go." Aaron called out from the dining room, sitting in front of the Jack-O-Lantern the family made the previous night.

Jennie huffed, as she led her little brother to where their dad was. Aaron furrowed his eyebrows, seeing the boy in his everyday clothes.

"Hey, where's the costume?"

Jennie looked down at her brother, "He won't put it on."

"It's itchy."

"We tried the long sleeves underneath, a tank top—" Jennie listed, before shrugging, "He just doesn't dig it."

"I don't want to be Spider-man anymore."

"Why not?" Aaron questioned his son.

"I don't know."

"Okay. Well, you have to make up your mind by tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay." Aaron looked at his two kids, nodding towards the treats on the table, "You guys did a good job on the cookies."

"Yeah, we did." Jennie smiled, looking down at her little brother, "Teamwork, right buddy?"

"Teamwork." The boy grinned, as the two high-fived. Aaron let out a small smile at the interaction, before Jack looked back at his father, "Can I have one?"

"You want a cookie? Can I have a cookie?" Aaron raised a brow, after pretending to think for a moment. He looked at the cookie options, "What do you want? Black cat or a pumpkin?"

"Black cat."

"Black cat. Good choice." Aaron handed his son a treat, as the boy took a bite.

Jennie smiled, before looking down at her brother once more, "Hey, Jack. Can I have a cookie?"