1.1.4

Detention.
The wee fucker got the group stuck in detention.

Maeve sits at her desk, doodling a picture of a lily onto the back of her hand. She attempts to drone out the depressing tick of the clock and grumbles of her friend, but the constant complaining from James is starting to get on her nerves.

"I cannot actually believe this," Erin spits, "I'm missing David Donnelly's gig, Michelle."

"I'm missing cheer practice, Erin. It's not just you missing something." Maeve groans as Michelle replies to Erin.

"And all because of that miniature motherfucker."

"I swear, if you say motherfucker one more time..." Erin snaps at the girl.

"What's wrong with you?"

"This is all your fault - your's and Maeve's."

"Why's it our fault?" Michelle questions while Maeve nods.

"You're the ones who threatened a first year, you're the one who gave Jenny Joyce the finger."

"I'm desperate now. This is agony" James grumbles and Maeve turns around to him swiftly,

"I'm starting to see why Aidan doesn't like the English now, because your always whining about some shite that nobody cares about."

Michelle is quick to turn around to give her piece too, "Can you please stop crying in my face for five fucking minutes, James?"

With that the two girls turn back around and leave James in agony.

"I feel awful-" Clare is the next to complain but Maeve drones it out by repeatedly banging her head onto the desk.

Michelle replies to the girl while placing a hand onto the desk to stop Maeve from hurting herself, "For Christ's sake, Clare. You've just basically skipped lunch."

Orla begins to read Erin's diary, resulting in a miniature tug of war in the middle of the class room. The old nun snatches the diary out of Orla's hand and takes it to the front.

James' hand goes up again causing Maeve to let out a loud groan from where her head lays on the desk.

"Mr Maguire, you have been warned. Do not ask me again!"

"This is disgraceful. I should have access to a lavatory - what about my civil rights?"

"Corner." The nun points and the boy grumbles as he follows her instructions.

"And you," she heads towards where Michelle is applying lipstick using her compact mirror, "Give that here."

Michelle tries to argue but in the end, the older woman wins and take the lipstick - putting it into her hand back when she sits down.

"Shouldn't you put that in the confiscated box?"

"Quiet." The nun states before beginning to read Erin's diary.

"What am I going to do, Maeve? That colour's been discontinued."

"I think I have a spare at home, but I don't know where it is."

"Well, if I can't get mine back then I want yours."

"Fine, Michelle."

Clare watches as the nun takes a bite of a sandwich, "This is torture."

"Michelle, I can't hold it any longer." James let's out a strangled groan, only for Michelle and Maeve to share an annoyed look.

"What part of me not giving a flying fuck are you struggling with, exactly?"