1.2.4

The group gather in Erin's room the next day, with Maeve sitting on the floor between Aidan's legs as he brushes his fingers through her hair.

"So, firstly we have the tutoring," Erin starts, "And out of everyone, I thought you might be best suited to that, Clare, because-"

"I'm the brightest." Clare nods at the same time that Maeve blurts out,
"I fecking hate children."

"You have two wee sisters..." Orla says in confusion.

"Aye, but they're wee brats who steal my lollies."

"Understandable."

Erin ignores their interaction and speaks directly to Clare, "Well, in that conventional sort of way, I suppose." Clare's smile drops and Erin continues, "There's also babysitting - the child will be in bed, so you should be able to manage that, Michelle."

"Ha!" Maeve exclaims, "You have to babysit wains."

"Oh, fuck off Maeve." Michelle rolls her eyes before looking at Erin and flipping the bird, "And you should just about be able to manage this."

"Always the lady."

"Aye, she's a charmer is our Shelly." Aidan chuckles and Michelle raises a brow at how Erin's cheeks seem to flush, but she decides against mentioning it.

"There's also some gardening: mowing a lawn, etc. This will require a bit of muscle, so you should take that one Aidan."

"Don't you think it's a two person job?" James asks and Erin nods in agreement,

"Aye, it is," she then looks past James towards her cousin, "You should help him Orla."

"No," James shakes his head, "I should do that one. It's a man's job, Erin. I'm a man."

"You tryna convince her or yourself, dicko?" Aidan asks him and Michelle nods,

"Aye, it's debatable."

"Well," James finds the courage to look at the Irish boy, "I'm more of a man than Orla."

"Also debatable." Maeve snorts.

"Come on, Erin." James pleads with the girl.

"Fine." She rolls her eyes, "So that leaves dog walking and car washing."

"Dibs on dog walking!" Maeve squeals, "I am not washing a car."

"I don't know." Aidan smirks, looking his girlfriend up and down, "I think you'd look hot washing a car."

"Boke." Michelle gags loudly.

"Is the car a Renault Clio?" Orla asks and Erin shakes her head, so she continues, "Then I'll help with the dogs."

"Okay." Erin sighs, "Let's go to work."
-
-
The group walks down the street happily before Fionnula's van speeds past and the woman shouts, "You thieving wee fuckers!"

"If we get banned from the chippy, Michelle, then it's your fault." Maeve sighs in frustration as they all make their way back to Erin's.
-
-
"How did you find out?" Michelle questions,

"Doesn't matter how she find out." Clare stresses, "That's not what's important! What's important is that we are all deeply-"

"Her mother rang me." Fionnula exposes Clare and Maeve scoffs from her seat on her boyfriend's lap, seeing as their was no room for her on the sofa.

"Why the fuck would you tell your Ma?"

"Okay, I cracked." Clare exclaims, "I couldn't handle it and I cracked!"