1.2.2

After cheer practice, Maeve walks through her front door to be greeted by her younger sisters.

"How was cheer?" Caoimhe asks, her lips stained blue causing suspicion to rise in the eldest sibling.

"Good..."

"Did you learn any more cool tricks?" Siobhan adds, her lips stained a deep purple colour and Maeve narrows her eyes.

"Have you two been in my lolly stash again?" She whisper yells and they share a look, giggling to each other.

"Maybe..."

"Oh, for the love of-"

"Don't use the lord's name in vain!" Caoimhe interrupts with a smirk and Siobhan plays along,
"Aye, that's a sin!"

Maeve can't help but laugh at her sisters' words, rolling her eyes playfully at the twins.

"Is Aidan coming over today?" Siobhan asks, "We're getting chippy!"

"Really?" Maeve questions excitedly, already craving the greasy food.

"Aye, Da told us to get you to come and write your order." Caoimhe shrugs, "And Aidan's if he's coming for tea."

Right on cue, someone knocks at the front door and Siobhan opens it to reveal her sister's boyfriend, "Aidan! It's chippy night, are you staying?" She gives him a hug and his lips tug up in a smile.

"Aye," he chuckles as Caoimhe joins in on the hug, "Okay, let me inside."

The girls giggle and let him step through the door, greeting his girlfriend with a small peck on the lips.

"Is Michelle coming too?" Siobhan asks and her twin nods,
"Aye, she hasn't come for tea for a while."

"Shelly has to get chippy for our Ma," the boy explains before rolling his eyes, "She also has to watch our English prick of a cousin."

"Is that the one that talks weird?"

"That's the one, girls."

Maeve takes Aidan's hand, interlacing their fingers with a smile, "Come on then, we need to tell my Da our orders."

They follow the younger two into the kitchen where John sits at the table beside Anne, "Okay, so three bags of chips, two portions of white fish, two lots of twelve chicken nuggets-"

"Daddy," Maeve interrupts the man and he looks up to see his eldest in her cheer uniform and her boyfriend, still wearing his school uniform, "Are you ready for our orders?"

"Aye, what do you want sweetheart."

"I'll have a cowboy special, please." She smiles and her father writes it down before turning to Aidan,
"And for you, son?"

"I'll take the same please, John." He slings an arm over his girlfriends shoulders, a soft smile on his face.

"Daddy, don't you think we need another bag of chips now that Aidan's here too?" Caoimhe suggests and her Da nods at her before changing the order.

"Okay, four bags of chips, two portions of white fish, two potions of twelve chicken nuggets and two large cowboy specials."

Anne takes the paper from her husband and hands it to her eldest daughter, "Don't be too long, it never tastes as good when you have to warm it up."

"Okay, Mammy," Maeve kisses her on the cheek before turning to leave with Aidan, "See you in a wee bit."
-
-
Aidan and Maeve head into the chippy holding hands, seeing Erin, Clare and Orla already there.

"What's yours?" Fionnula asks Clare as Aidan leads Maeve up to the front.

"Can I please get one fish supper and one cowboy special, please, Fionnula. Thank you, please." The girl stutters.